The Little Easy Bean Network - Get New Beans Varieties Nearly Free

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hal! Looking at your awesome list of Beans I am overwhelmed! Wow!

I'm going to rest awhile and think about how to fit more varieties in my garden, then I'll put together a package to send to you with a short want list.

I will also put together a package for Joseph Simcox.

Suddenly my collection of beans has gone from middling to amazing but still nothing compared to you guys! I am going to have to get some varieties this year from somewhere I don't know yet that none of you guys have! :) For trading with next year!!!

First I have to stop being so amazed and overwhelmed! :caf :weee :celebrate :ya

:th
Feel free to send me your want list via PM incase I need to increase my plantings of anything.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bluejay77, will you PM me your address? I have bean seeds to send you. I planted the Smith River Super Speckled and Kilham Goose beans in large tubs. The heat was harder on them in the tubs than I think would have been if I had planted them direct in the garden, but I was put of room! Just when I thought they were done, the Kilham Goose beans put on more blooms and I waited on them. I covered them through the frosts and finally pulled the vines up before a hard freeze and hung them to dry. That gave me a few more seeds. Neither bean had many seeds in a pod, I guess these were grown for green beans and not dry beans.

It has been fun growing these for you. The Kilham Goose are some real pretty beans. But my Smith River Super Speckled came out not so speckled. I felt better after reading a post you made about the bean color patterns and how soil, climate and other factors can mess with them, I felt better. Thanks for letting me participate!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Baymule !

Beans can be funny sometimes. They flip flop around depending on the soil and wheather sometimes. I have had trouble getting a lot of speckling out my Smith River Super Speckle too. I keep selecting them for the way I have seen them at their best, but they don't always co-operate. Planting them in tubs might have made them warmer than they might have liked it. It is still amazing what they can survive through. Glad you had fun doing this. Perhaps you will like doing some more of it this coming summer.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what they have done with the Personal Message feature of the Easy Garden Forum? I can't figure it out.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bluejay, click on Baymule's name. You'll see a button that say "start conversation" that's the new PM. From there you can type and send your message, or add other members to the conversation.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
SeedO's way works real good to send a pm. They call them conversations here now. There is at least one more way to do it, and it uses a "hover" of the cursor over the word "inbox" in the dark green bar near the top.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bluejay, I started a conservation with you. I don't know if these new-fangled conversations are private or not. There was an option to let everyone else participate in the conversation which I did not elect to do. Duh, I thought that's what the forum is for-for everyone to participate.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay,
The conversations are private, but you have the option with a check box at the bottom to add more people to the conversation.

But the forum messages are for everyone.

This way, with the conversations being private or with just a few people, you can let them know things like your address, real name, or how you intend to take over the world, lol!

Latest posts