TheEasyGarden Member Titles! **Voting Closed....Stay Tuned!**

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Okey dokey, for the sake of Oakland's sanity, and since it's after midnight here; it's really time to close the voting, and turn the tally into the, Head Gardener. :D (I love calling Nifty that!) :)

They are great suggestions, as always, Beekissed, but I don't think we should start over with everyone having voted already.

Okay, stay tuned for what your titles will be! :coolsun

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And yet Beekissed list was good. Why not make one list from what was voted on and her list and vote between those two. I still think not enough choices were gathered before the 'final' votes were presented. I guess that's what I was getting at before. Something just seemed too quick here - sorry to be a cog in the works!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is not a vote :) just an opinion, but I too like most of Beekissed's ideas, possibly (no offense meant) better than the ones we were voting on...

OTOH if Rob just wants it Done so there can be cute titles, then it probably does not matter all that much, let's just pick SOMEthing (and the ones we voted on are fine by me) and get on with life ;)

<shrug>

Pat

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I like Beekissed's titles as well, sorry I didn't vote because nothing really clicked for me with the others.But if I had seen these sooner these would be what I would have voted for. Don't mean to confuse things further, but thought I would respectfully also throw my 2 cents in for what it is worth.Do we have time to reconsider this second list in relation with the other and vote that way or is it imperative to get the titles in?

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You guys are being nice, so let's go over what we've done.

It seemed like a good idea to have titles, and not just be called, 'members.'

I asked for ideas, and many of you gave good ones. But after the first few, participation was a little on the low side.

Meanwhile, Nifty said, more than once, that if we'd come to a conclusion, that'd he'd get them right up. He was completely behind us doing this, and said not to be stressed over it, and don't worry about doing all 10 some-odd titles, just manage a few to start, and he'd get right on it.

I didn't want to rush, so waited for the posts, and then when people seemed "idea'd out" :) took it to the next level, and said that if you had more ideas, get them in, because we are heading for a vote.

Next step, vote on the ideas given.

Only some choices could be used in the final vote for various reasons. For example, if one was more appropriate for a higher level than #7, then it wasn't voted on. They can be filed away for the future. Some good ones were set aside, with that in mind.

So, all of the choices were ones that someone on the forum suggested. Three per level. Then we voted.

I realize that things can be thought of later, but how do you do that realistically? Do we just throw everything out, and just keep going in little spurts? How will we know when no one will have another idea? And when, then, would we vote?

Meanwhile, I really do think that Nifty wants to run with this, and, as he said, not have us stress, as nothing is ever really hewn in stone. I could be wrong, that just seemed to be what he was expressing, and it would be nice to have titles as new members joined. This is the gardening season, so there's a pretty steady flow of them right now.

Anyway, I do like some of the new ideas suggested, but also most of the ones that were voted on, which were member suggestions.

And while some from BYC are very cute, remember, most are pretty basic there, too.

New Egg vs. New Seed

Out Of The Brooder vs. Leafing Out

They may be Chillin' With Their Peeps, but hey, we are, Attractive To Bees, and spend so much time coaxing our plants, that we have now become, Garden Ornaments! :) (No gnomes.....poor Oakland would have to cover his eyes to post!) ;)

Also, when I mailed in the results of the vote, I did note subtle changes which were your suggestions, and very good ones, I thought.

Anyway, if Nifty would rather wait, and have us continue, we certainly can do that. I'm game for whatever is needed. :weight

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
1. Lil' Green Sprout
2. Budding Out
3. Morning Glory
4. Gettin' Down and Dirty
5. Garden Gnome
6. Green Thumb
7. Jolly Green Giant

I went and got the list of Beekissed's, to see what we are looking at.

I don't personally want to be a 'garden gnome', either. 'Garden ornament' felt fine to me.

Little green sprout is cute, but I am not sure it's as good for a #1 as a #2. We could boot, 'leafing out' for it.

I really don't care for, 'budding out', or 'gettin' down and dirty', for a variety of reasons.

Morning glory is nice.

Green thumb was one I wondered about, but thought it should be at a higher level. #7 is not the highest level, remember.

Jolly green giant is cute. Can it be used? Is it infringement on their company?

Okay, just got a call from UPS looking for my house. More later on! :)

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think frankly, that if Nifty or whoever just assigned them (after getting those couple dozen suggestions) without even asking our opinion or vote, that we'd probably just all have said "hey, cool, I'm a [whatever]", and been happy with it.

Sometimes if you give people too much say, it can get all mucked up. I say, let Comrade Nifty decide so we can stop being boring ol' "Member"s.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
New titles will come out today so be on the lookout!!!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to come up with the titles myself for TEG like we were on BYC, so we enlisted the help of the community and you guys all came to the rescue!

I want to also take a moment to thank Tutter for all the work she put into this (some that you guys see in the forum and a lot of work behind the scenes). It is not an easy task to take such varied opinions and pull them together, and she did a GREAT job!

So, to Tutter and everyone else that helped out I say :woot

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What about "Chillin with my 6-packs"? (referring to the seed starting plastic cells).

Just thought I'd complicate things a little.

Why do we have to be garden ornaments? What about something cool like lacewings, butterflies, or ladybugs?

What about the top title being Sage?

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tutter probably needs a vacation, or a visit to a nice place where they all wear white jackets, after dealing with us on this topic. I bet right now, she's slipping Nifty some big cash to convince him never to ask her to be Moderator!

Latest posts