TheEasyGarden Software Upgrade

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
I really miss the "recent posts" feature
Can you point to which page you're referring to on BYC (which hasn't upgraded yet) so we can point you to the same page on the new system?

the hover function over "alerts" and the new smiley box is annoying because it covers the text box.
On the old system the smiley box was below the text area, and now it is above it... is that what you mean?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can you point to which page you're referring to on BYC (which hasn't upgraded yet) so we can point you to the same page on the new system?

On the old system the smiley box was below the text area, and now it is above it... is that what you mean?

Okay, I went back and fiddled around. I see that "what's new" with lightening bolt in the top bar gives a different screen then the "what's new" under new posts. But now I'm confused because I was recently looking for a thread that I had read that had been posted on that day and went to the What's new and couldn't find it. I see now that when I click on it, the most recent threads show up. Maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep or something.:rolleyes: Sorry, forget I said anything.

The emoji icon is above the text box, but when you click it, it drops down over your text. You can't leave it open like the old box.
Not really that big of a deal I guess, especially for those who never use it (ahem, Ridge).

misfitmorgan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have to agree the smiley box dropping over the text box and forcing you to close the smiley box before you can see what your typing again is super annoying.

Bout the only other thing that is driving me crazy is the ad on the right side of the screen. When you scroll down to read posts it covers everything on the right side of the top bar and you have to scroll back up before you can see or click on any of it.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score

The secret is out, a change is coming. I won't mention it over there. I hope you are prepared for that belly-aching. as someone mentioned I would not want your job.

I have to agree the smiley box dropping over the text box and forcing you to close the smiley box before you can see what your typing again is super annoying.

My solution to this is that when I pick a Smiley I then close the box. If you need another one, go get it then.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
As far as "belly aching" goes, I believe Nifty invited feedback.
I still wouldn't want to deal with his job. Thank you @Nifty for putting up with us and doing such a fine job. :)

I don't call this belly aching, don't be so dang sensitive. :plbb (Open smiley's, select smiley, close smileys) I've mentioned a couple of things earlier. You are right, Nifty asked.

I'm not talking about this crowd, I'm talking about that bunch on BYC. That crowd is not always logical or reasonable.

One thing I miss on TEG but would not on BYC is being able to easily see who is online at the time. Maybe there is a way that I've not seen yet. On BYC there are way too many but on here where we pretty much know everyone I think that is a nice to know.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't call this belly aching, don't be so dang sensitive. :plbb (Open smiley's, select smiley, close smileys) I've mentioned a couple of things earlier. You are right, Nifty asked.

I'm not talking about this crowd, I'm talking about that bunch on BYC. That crowd is not always logical or reasonable.

One thing I miss on TEG but would not on BYC is being able to easily see who is online at the time. Maybe there is a way that I've not seen yet. On BYC there are way too many but on here where we pretty much know everyone I think that is a nice to know.
Well I thought you were talking about me! Since I seem to be the only one that's not thrilled with it and thus it's hard for me to motivate myself to be here.

Mary

Latest posts