This is Luke

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Arnicare. I use the Arnicare cream and tablets.

http://www.arnicare.com/

I've been putting Arnicare on it for a couple days.
It's a joint issue though, not a strained muscle or soft tissue.
I was completely, frustratingly, useless today. Decided to be smart and not push it because even wearing a brace and taking 2 ibuprofen it was painful walking. I've been sitting around alternating ice and heat for most of the day. :(

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom i know, it's very frustrating to me right now too. i take a few ibuprofen right before bed and that seems to help the most.

Don't you worry about it damaging your stomach while you're lying down?
That looks semi ridiculous to me in print, but a client hurt some part of her body...back maybe, and her Dr. advised her to take ibuprofen, and a lot more than I would ever think a good idea (but I'm not a professional ) but not to take it close to bedtime. He also said drink lots of water with it and be active, like in walking around doing house chores. :hu

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you worry about it damaging your stomach while you're lying down?
That looks semi ridiculous to me in print, but a client hurt some part of her body...back maybe, and her Dr. advised her to take ibuprofen, and a lot more than I would ever think a good idea (but I'm not a professional ) but not to take it close to bedtime. He also said drink lots of water with it and be active, like in walking around doing house chores. :hu

i only take 400mg at a time and one time. i usually don't like taking anything at all and haven't needed to for the past several years, but this round of injuries are indicating i need to anti-inflame tendons/joints. like you, these are not muscle or bone injuries. so that is what is indicated, i'll do it. so far not too much stomach trouble, if that starts happening i'll eat something with it. i've been mostly not taking anything, but the few nights i have it has made a lot of difference so i'm going to try to stick with it this week and see how it goes.

i also get a side effect from ibuprofen if i take much more, it makes me hyper. there's no caffiene in it but my body thinks it is on something. a lot of the anti-histamines, decongestants and cold medicines do funny things to me too...

mostly i just need time to let the body heal and for me to not reinjure. the past few weeks i've made a lot more progress compared to how i felt a month ago, but that is mostly because i've restricted myself to light duty and put projects on hold.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
mostly i just need time to let the body heal and for me to not reinjure. the past few weeks i've made a lot more progress compared to how i felt a month ago, but that is mostly because i've restricted myself to light duty and put projects on hold.

Aaargh! That's the absolute hardest part. Dh is a big nag if he catches me out there doing something that needs doing, so I have to be sneaky.
I know it's counterproductive but I have no self control.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aaargh! That's the absolute hardest part. Dh is a big nag if he catches me out there doing something that needs doing, so I have to be sneaky.
I know it's counterproductive but I have no self control.

when you're used to being active it's very tough to change gears.

i forget and use the wrong arm.

the worries i have are that these become chronic. i don't need more "items" on my list.

i'm going to try to go out today for some weeding and see how it goes. i can scuffle hoe ok. just for an hour i can get a small garden partially done and finish it up tomorrow then on to the next and the next and... we have so many it's really not a question of ever getting them done, it's just a matter of making a little progress here or there and then accepting how it looks until i can get back to it again.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been putting Arnicare on it for a couple days.
It's a joint issue though, not a strained muscle or soft tissue.
I was completely, frustratingly, useless today. Decided to be smart and not push it because even wearing a brace and taking 2 ibuprofen it was painful walking. I've been sitting around alternating ice and heat for most of the day. :(

That is so frustrating! You KNOW you need to stay off it..... but things outside keep calling your name.....

Latest posts