This ought to be a good one.....who is from BYC??

saym

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:toolsI am, I am!
I was very happy to find this gardening web page, too between the two, we are invincible!::weight

saym

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wow, warthog..you must be busy down there in the tropical land!
One thing that took some time to get used to is the down time in the high desert of northern nevada..i have started going crazy and tried to go out and dig in the frozen dirt...it doesn't work.. the months you do garden here are pretty intense, so after 20 years I finally get a vacation every winter.
I started some mangel seeds this last new moon they are up and getting true leaves..I am excited to try something new..hopefully I can keep them going for 3 more months in captivity..it'snowing like crazy here right now.
What do you do in Belize? I almost moved to CR...sometimes I ponder how I ended up here...

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I joined as I was preparing to build and building Babygirl's chicken coop and run. Unfortunately, I was not, at all, impressed with the help and responses....course I was "judging" it by what I was used to on TEG. Figured it just might be that you have to have chickens and chicken experience before those folks will give you the time of day. Got 5 chickens, now, and shooting for 12. Maybe then, I'll get back on there and give it another go. Up to this point, have got more help and info from TEG folks than I got from BYC folks on chicken raising problems. Thanks, guys.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
I joined as I was preparing to build and building Babygirl's chicken coop and run. Unfortunately, I was not, at all, impressed with the help and responses....course I was "judging" it by what I was used to on TEG. Figured it just might be that you have to have chickens and chicken experience before those folks will give you the time of day. Got 5 chickens, now, and shooting for 12. Maybe then, I'll get back on there and give it another go. Up to this point, have got more help and info from TEG folks than I got from BYC folks on chicken raising problems. Thanks, guys.
I came here from BYC too, but I'm pretty quiet over there, and felt the same kind of atmosphere you seemed to Boggy. I like all the related forums, (SS, BYH, BYC ) but I really think the TEG'rs are friendlier and more helpful overall.

lighthawk

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
When I first found BYC a few years ago I was given a great deal of advice on building my coop. Most of it however came from reading others posts. They had far less than 50,000 members then. Since then however (now with almost 80,000) it just seems to be much more impersonal. I still go there and check the Michigan thread from time to time and glance over the coop pages and various other topics but rarely post. I have never been to facebook but I can imagine what a navigational nightmare that would be with millions of subscribers. :sick