Thought of TEG Cat Owners

Wyndsong

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We have an icecream guy that comes around. He said he was never a cat person then one day 20 years ago he found a starving stray on the land he rents. So he left food and water around in a box away from his home.

This cat came to his house calling for him one day as he opened his door the cat just sat there but didn't go in, after a few times of this happening eventually the cat trusted him enough to go inside. He had this cat for 18 years before he died, at the grand age of around 20.

He still misses his old friend two years on. I hope he can find himself another furry tormentor soon.
We were adopted by our cat Zelda pretty much the same way. We think he was abandoned during the 2008 crash. In Las Vegas it was really bad for pets there. Houses were found abandoned filled with cats and dogs that had nothing to eat. The "stray" population exploded. Zelda came along and he just decided to stay. Now he's got an aggressive form of cancer, but he's still going strong. We're waiting for him to show us some sign of wanting to or needing to leave us. Hardest thing we've had to do in along time. :(

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We were adopted by our cat Zelda pretty much the same way. We think he was abandoned during the 2008 crash. In Las Vegas it was really bad for pets there. Houses were found abandoned filled with cats and dogs that had nothing to eat. The "stray" population exploded. Zelda came along and he just decided to stay. Now he's got an aggressive form of cancer, but he's still going strong. We're waiting for him to show us some sign of wanting to or needing to leave us. Hardest thing we've had to do in along time. :(
I'm so sorry he is suffering. At least he's with you and you are doing all you can.

My lad loves his fruit and veg with his meals. He used to limp because he was abused by some low life but that limp is gone now, I add turmeric daily and a little salt on rare occasions and ginger to. This seemed to have helped with his pain. :hugs

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm so sorry he is suffering. At least he's with you and you are doing all you can.

My lad loves his fruit and veg with his meals. He used to limp because he was abused by some low life but that limp is gone now, I add turmeric daily and a little salt on rare occasions and ginger to. This seemed to have helped with his pain. :hugs
My mom thinks that someone tried to strangle Juniper when he was a kitten, since, for a decent size cat, he has an unusually soft meow (personally, I feel that, if anyone had done damage to his vocal chords, the vet would have noted it during one of his checkups and told us.)

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My mom thinks that someone tried to strangle Juniper when he was a kitten, since, for a decent size cat, he has an unusually soft meow (personally, I feel that, if anyone had done damage to his vocal chords, the vet would have noted it during one of his checkups and told us.)
Some cats just have soft or odd voices. My grandparents cat growing up was almost completely silent when he meowed and my current cat chirps and murrps but doesn’t meow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zcat copy.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No joke.
My cat didn't want me to go shopping this week. He followed me to the bus stop then my neighbours son called too me telling me to go home and he would drive me.

I didn't see cheeky boy for a while until the car pulled off. :duc:epHe threw himself across the road too stop us and just stared me in the eyes. I honestly couldn't believe it. A blast of the car horn and he went off.
My friends son couldn't stop laughing but I was a little shocked.

Talk about possessive.
I'm so relieved he isn't a man that I was married to

20210625_183537.jpg

Last edited: