Thread for Whining About The Weather

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will start.

We have had 4" of rain in the past two and a half days. While it is true that some places in the region have had more, and of course some people would *kill* for rain, I don't see that as preventing me from whining about it. The front paddock is as flooded as I've ever seen it in the spring snowmelt thaw. I have not yet been into the barn this morning to see how badly it's flooded, but I bet it has. (The chickens are in a different building so they're fine)

Also I have had a grand total of one (1) ripe tomato so far, and night temps for the next week-plus are forecast to be about 50 F.

Harrumph!

If they ever put *me* in charge of arranging the weather I am sure I would do a *much* better job of it :p

OK, your turn now :D

Pat

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Also I have had a grand total of one (1) ripe tomato so far, and night temps for the next week-plus are forecast to be about 50 F.

Harrumph!

If they ever put *me* in charge of arranging the weather I am sure I would do a *much* better job of it :p

OK, your turn now :D

Pat
Pat if they ever do put you in charge and you can straighten this mess out I will be happy to share my tomatoes with you. LOL We are almost in the ready to kill part for rain as this area is already 8 inches behind normal and finished 07 with a 17 inch loss.
Nancy

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Poor Patandchickens - I'm positive that you would do a better job of managing the weather!

Don't get mad at me, but our weather has been very tomato-friendly. Should I take this to a different thread?

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hmmm . . . 50 degree nights -- CHECK, actually I think we had 45 degrees last week.

Rain --- Gee, that must be nice. I'm getting really, really, really fed up with watering just about every single day. :p

Tomatoes -- Pretty much the same boat with you, Pat. I figure summer isn't over yet, so there's still time for tomatoes to ripen. That doesn't mean it isn't disappointing, but just to say that there's still hope.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Buff Shallots said:
Poor Patandchickens - I'm positive that you would do a better job of managing the weather!
They probably know what I'd require in terms of salary and benefits, is why they've never offered me the job.

Don't get mad at me, but our weather has been very tomato-friendly. Should I take this to a different thread?
Yes, that would be the "Thread for bragging about wonderful growing conditions, please don't hit me" ;)

Glad to hear SOMEone's got decent tomaters,

Pat

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, Pat, I don't have decent tomatoes....worst tomatoes I've ever grown. Too cool of a summer for maters.

As for the weather....gotta rub it in on ya'! :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :coolsun 70 degrees, big fluffy clouds in a blue, blue sky, no humidity....can't stop looking at the sky and breathing in the "fall" in the air!

This is clean up the garden weather, so am heading out to weedeat around the beds, dead-head some flowers, cut some for vases, etc.

Sorry about all your rain, though. I know, I know.... :smack :D

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today's total is currently 2" (that's since daybreak). There is another storm on the way but that *might* be it for now.

Til tomorrow.

The forecast is for thunderstorms, and the precipitation forecast is for 3/4". (By comparison, the forecast for today was 1/10").

The backyard is a pond. If it would stop storming for long enough sometime my husband is home I want to take the 4 yr old outside to stomp around in puddles :p (e.t.a.- we did. It was fun. I suppose that means I have to whine less now)

Pat

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday thunderstorms but very little rain.

Today and most of next week normal weather. mid 70's in the day and low 50's at night.

WE NEED RAIN!

We are in a severe drought and the water district just keeps raising rates and cutting back usage. I've mulched more than I've ever mulched before. I've replaced beds with more native species and have reduced water as much as possible.

I can't remember the last time I splashed around in puddles. :p

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sorry to rub salt in it patandchickens, but today is absolutely wonderful. The high was in the upper 80's but very low humidity. It was almost like a touch of fall today. But if I do get one whine - we need some of your rain!

Latest posts