1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Cuor di Bue ou Oxheart / Heart of Beef tomato - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Thyme After Time

Discussion in 'Herbs' started by The Happy Hen, Jul 21, 2017.

?

Do You Think of Thyme as A Good Go-to Herb?

1. Yes, I use it in a few recipes. It is quite beneficial and pretty easy to grow.

61.9%
  2. No, I would like to use it more often. But I wouldn't call it the "go-to" herb.

28.6%
  3. Hm... I Will Describe My Feelings For This Herb Down Below.

9.5%
  1. Jan 22, 2018
    Nyboy

Nyboy Garden Master

Not everything comes down to money, enjoyment is goal. I think all hobbies cost money. Mine is not heated and because under a certain size not not raise my taxes

2. Jul 5, 2018
    SPedigrees

SPedigrees Attractive To Bees

I've grown thyme and other herbs in flowerpots indoors, specifically for use in recipes. It sort of depends on how many houseplants I have at the time that determine if I have room for growing herbs at any given time.

Carol Dee, I have to say that I can't really tell much difference between "the stuff in a jar" (altho I do buy all organic dried herbs) versus fresh herbs plucked from a plant. But if I have a growing plant on a windowsill, I will use it.

Thyme and basil are my two most often used "go-to" herbs. I put them in everything from spaghetti sauce to eggs to fish and then some. You just can't beat home fries seasoned with thyme and black pepper!

baymule, digitS' and ninnymary like this.
  3. Jul 9, 2018
    Zeedman

Zeedman Deeply Rooted

So far the only way I use thyme is in a bread recipe. It lends the bread a beautiful aroma, especially as it is baking.

flowerbug likes this.