To Old Fashion

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've tried that 'crackle' a couple of times. Obviously I've done it wrong - but it's always come out sticky.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe try to do a treatment that would end up looking like they were old copper with verdigris.

http://justpaintitblog.com/2013/09/easy-faux-verdigris-2/

That way, as they grew a little chalky by being exposed to the weather outdoors, it would blend with the treatment and only make it appear older, more weathered.

If you leave them black, don't know why you couldn't plant a soft shade of pink in those for a very posh, 30s look.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been thinking about those urns. Why don't you just leave them the way they are, plant them with light color flowers, and let mother nature weather them in her own time?

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those urns are too pretty just as they are. What a wonderful gift. I like your white wave petunias idea and I like the pink idea from Beekissed.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would not touch the color.

Same here, I've been pondering what I would plant in it if they were mine. Maybe a dark leaved coryline for something spiky, a lime green sweet potato vine for something trailing, a couple of petunias, magenta and white come to mind. Then there's the dichondra 'Silver Falls' also a trailer and the lacy looking silver dusty miller, maybe a touch of something in a pale pink or a lemon shade. I love black but I think it needs a few plants with substance for balance. I'd probably stuff something else in it as well but that's what has come to mind right now. I once did a huge moss hanging basket with around 100 plants in it, it took the two of us to lift that sucker up to the beam we hung it from and that was before it was watered :).
Annette

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are always on the look out for new old pieces to add last
was measuring cups of cooper but just the 1/2 and 1 cup
now I will be on the lookout for the rest of the set forever

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We do collect here too we bought a 1930's trash burner an old cigarette display from a store front
being demolished.

Latest posts