To Old Fashion

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still use my other grandmother's rolling pin although DH had to make new handles for it when they got too loose and I still use the meat grinder that she probably brought with her when she immigrated from England in the early 1900's. It still works like a charm for grinding up the left over roast beef for Shepard's pie.
I love colored glass and have picked up some nice pieces although some are not old. A friend gave me a very nice light blue collectable glass vase she picked up at a swap meet she went to when in Texas. Yep, colored glass another one of my weaknesses. Expensive or cheap it doesn't matter, I'm drawn to it like a moth to the flame :).
Annette

I have my husband's grandmothers rolling pin, and my grandmas too. They are in an old stoneware crock on my counter and I use them often.
The stoneware crock was great grandmas, passed down to grandma and then my mom.
It has the name of the "Golden Rule" store that they shopped at on it. Chipped and well used but very precious to me.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have two of those that my mom bought at a thrift store and gave to my kids.
They never really played with them, too much like dolls I guess. But they are in a toy box I keep for visiting kids.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read a bit about how to collect them on ebay. Mine are from the 60's but not in original packaging of course. The similar ones I saw on ebay were going for under $20.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I dont think the $20 are from 60s. Can't touch 60s for under $100 at least. They where reissued some time in 90s those might be ones going cheap.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a kid all my friends had GI Joes, I wanted one so bad, my father would not allow it because they where dolls. I paid $$ as a adult to get what I could not have as a kid. I think I paid $250 he was never played with and had complete uniform. Like Barbies you need someone that knows the field some are much more rare then others.

Latest posts