To Old Fashion

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once found 4 deep red glass plates at goodwill. That started my collection of anchor hocking royal ruby glass collection . I have about 400 pieces I collected over 20 years

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once found 4 deep red glass plates at goodwill. That started my collection of anchor hocking royal ruby glass collection . I have about 400 pieces I collected over 20 years

My mom collected ruby glass. And pink depression ware (is that what it's called?)

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wowzer that is a collection, ours run more eclectic as in we see or have pieces
see I am 55 but my best friend is 69 he has things from his grandad and dad that are really cool
I have pieces of glass cookware from my Grandma lids and cast iron.. I saw somewhere
that they had taken a metal leaf rake to make it a kitchen tool hanger loved it so I copied
it with this old rusty broken handle one the old man had...

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I seem to be drawn to anything old, I picked up an old lunch bucket, one of those round 3 compartment ones with a speckled white blue enamel finishes at a flea market. I'm guessing it's the type wives took out to their farmer husbands while they were working in the fields. Soup in the bottom, possible to keep the rest in the other two hot, or maybe a piece of bread in the top one.
I have a few pieces of green depression glass mainly cups and saucers. One of my grandmothers had a lot of pink depression glass as well as carnival glass, but someone else inherited that. I still use my other grandmother's rolling pin although DH had to make new handles for it when they got too loose and I still use the meat grinder that she probably brought with her when she immigrated from England in the early 1900's. It still works like a charm for grinding up the left over roast beef for Shepard's pie.
I love colored glass and have picked up some nice pieces although some are not old. A friend gave me a very nice light blue collectable glass vase she picked up at a swap meet she went to when in Texas. Yep, colored glass another one of my weaknesses. Expensive or cheap it doesn't matter, I'm drawn to it like a moth to the flame :).
Annette

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes Thistle called depression glass I collect certain pieces I have about 60 covered sugar bowls, covers often got broken so there very had to find. I have over a 100 depression salt and pepper shakers started collecting all colors but now only buy red or blue. I took a lot of my mothers cook ware, my sisters asked if I wanted any of her Jewry, I said no she never wore it, she loved to cook. I have 8 painting by a listed artist Hal Robenson, but they are getting more and more expensive He lived in Lyme CT and had studio in NYC, so many of his lanndscape are places I know. He was a big painter of Hudson River.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Depression glass? I picked this up at a flea market for two dollars. I should have washed it before I took the picture:oops:.
DSCN6479.JPG
Annette

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very nice piece ! That is how we have bought many
pieces scouring goodwill or value villages often. My best Friends deceased
wife collected salt & pepper but had many common commercial pieces as well.
cleaning the old house to move here we found well over 100 sets.
I don't tend to collect any one thing being more one or two that catch my eye.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I agree it looks more 60's than newer or later still
a very nice piece for 2 bucks

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I used a dremel to cut into a step from
Simpson timber stairs that had been replaced after
50 years we have about a dozen of them. I used 4 to make
a toy box for the dog toys, dogs have not quite