To those in south

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is that a PTO powered mini backhoe?

Tell us about that puppy! Looks pretty doggoned cool!

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Is that a PTO powered mini backhoe?

Tell us about that puppy! Looks pretty doggoned cool!
From the website:
This trenching machine's dependable 9 HP industrial engine powers the hefty hydraulic pump that lets you dig down to an 8 ft. depth with the included 3-tooth trencher bucket while you sit comfortably on the padded seat. A hitch coupler is included for hooking up the trencher to your pickup truck.

Boom travel: 60 degrees left and right
Digging width: 13"
Maximum digging reach: 8 ft.
Large 12" DOT certified wheels, 780 lb. weight capacity each
2.7 GPM hydraulic pump
2" ball-type hitch coupler included
Overweight Item subject to $89.95 additional Freight Charge
So, as I understand it, it's self-powered. It's from Harbor Freight so I had my doubts, but from the reviews most who purchased one are happy. You can read the reviews for yourself by clicking here.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
A good number of Harbor Freight things are awesome! Some things there are wimpy though.

I have my favorite belt from Harbor Freight I got in something like 1988 or 1989 that I still wear every single day. Might have to get a new one in a few years, but even at that, the buckle will still be good, probably forever.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Since you live in California I guess I oughta warn ya;

This product contains or, when
used, produces a chemical known
to the State of California to cause
cancer and birth defects or other
reproductive harm. (California Health
& Safety Code 25249.5, et seq.)
:rolleyes:

Are the folks in The Sunshine State more susceptible to cancer and birth defects than those of us in the other 49 states? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just came across this.

It is a book on an Earth-Sheltered Solar Greenhouse. In fact, that's the title.

Anyway, the picture on the cover shows the concept that I was trying to relate - with expansion & up-scaling ;).

(Here's the link.)

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wallp, Old Guy, Not so sure about the incidence of cancers in California, but sure seems Californians have an incident rate for ALLERGIES about 1,000 times higher than anywhere else!

Montana ya smoke in almost anyone's house, and they may even ask you to stomp the ashes into the carpet because it kills fleas.

California ya light up in a rural park on a trail and a scantily clad jogger goes by griping that you'll set his allergies off with your cigarette.

California they have whole towns where smoking cigarettes are illegal to smoke and the landlord's union won't let tenants smoke in their homes, and with the prices of homes, only landlord's union members can afford to own a home!

California's office buildings have big signs at the entrances ordering all who enter to remove all perfume or aroma products due to the allergy problems.

Montana nobody wastes money on cologne. Closest anyone gets to being perfumed is their deodorant. Looga this fancy stuff Maude! They call it axe. sez it's gonna get girls hanging on me in elevators. Nearest elevators over to Billings Jim, and ya haven't been that far since...the 1960 ford pickup was new. Didja get the new plugs for it yet?

Californians worry about greasy burgers making an allergy reaction to their finely tuned cholesterol numbers.

Montanans will add butter to the pan of frying burgers if someone accidentally got the lean burger at the store.

Californians look for that zero trans fat label.

Montanans will pick up some lard to add to the stir fry if someone's gonna make that stuff.

Ya see, vitamins cholesterol and trans fat is where the real OOMPH in the flavor is!

Montanans live on average 76.7 years.
Californians live on average 76.71 years.

So ya see, Californians live a week longer.

Where's the doughnuts?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Wallp, Old Guy, Not so sure about the incidence of cancers in California, but sure seems Californians have an incident rate for ALLERGIES about 1,000 times higher than anywhere else!

Montana ya smoke in almost anyone's house, and they may even ask you to stomp the ashes into the carpet because it kills fleas.

California ya light up in a rural park on a trail and a scantily clad jogger goes by griping that you'll set his allergies off with your cigarette.

California they have whole towns where smoking cigarettes are illegal to smoke and the landlord's union won't let tenants smoke in their homes, and with the prices of homes, only landlord's union members can afford to own a home!

California's office buildings have big signs at the entrances ordering all who enter to remove all perfume or aroma products due to the allergy problems.

Montana nobody wastes money on cologne. Closest anyone gets to being perfumed is their deodorant. Looga this fancy stuff Maude! They call it axe. sez it's gonna get girls hanging on me in elevators. Nearest elevators over to Billings Jim, and ya haven't been that far since...the 1960 ford pickup was new. Didja get the new plugs for it yet?

Californians worry about greasy burgers making an allergy reaction to their finely tuned cholesterol numbers.

Montanans will add butter to the pan of frying burgers if someone accidentally got the lean burger at the store.

Californians look for that zero trans fat label.

Montanans will pick up some lard to add to the stir fry if someone's gonna make that stuff.

Ya see, vitamins cholesterol and trans fat is where the real OOMPH in the flavor is!

Montanans live on average 76.7 years.
Californians live on average 76.71 years.

So ya see, Californians live a week longer.

Where's the doughnuts?
marshall, prop 65 labeling keeps you alive 1 week longer...............

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just read thread about those in south are eating asparagus already. I hate u all!!! Dang am I envious.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hear tell SeedCorn is moving to the hills above Santa Barbara.