Today's sun set/rise around the world

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here's a sun set, my friend took while fishing a few weeks ago. Unfortunantly I missed seeing it with my own eyes. :-( I might have this one blown up.
The View.jpg

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is spectacular!!! The sunset tonight was so/so, but the temps were frigid, so I must admit I made the desision not to go out and take the pic.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
With the water mirroring the sunset the scene is breathtaking! Those shades of blue are seldom seen in Wisconsin.

Like the dawn, sunset passed me by today. Grey and cloudy, both of them.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice sunset, even w/ the buildings. I have to get creative angles too to avoid power lines. And sunrises are almost impossible for me b/c of buildings and location, by the time I can see the east sun it is way past sunrise.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just a "meh?" I think that mountains make any sunset look better.

Come on, you're right up against the Rockies! don't start taking that for granted now!

The sunset I described as "meh" was taken from a car window on Interstate 5 going south and almost to Grants Pass OR Seedo.

I was extremely happy to have seen the sun for most of the 14 hour drive that day, and it was only a so-so sunset because of the lack of any clouds to pick up the colors, and being taken at 65 mph through a car window. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nebraska is a flat state. I used to tease that I could see the "You are now leaving Nebraska" sign as I entered the state's eastern border.

I drove through Nebraska on my way west at sunset. As I was driving across Nebraska at 60 miles per hour, that blasted sun was setting and setting and setting right on the road, shining in my eyes the whole trip! For me it was the longest sunset in history.

Latest posts