Today's sun set/rise around the world

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was a heron, or something like that, the white (or sometimes colored) birds that like to hang out in still reedy pools of water. All that green underneath is really veggie covered wetland area.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Being in Oklahoma, that might have just been some species of Ibis. I got to see some when I was down in Florida.

upload_2014-1-20_17-36-50.jpeg

Masoud

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
image.jpg
Now that my amaryllis is on the home page, I may as well show off my greenhouse! There has not been too many sunsets in recent memory, clouds like us too much around here. These pictures are from last year!
image.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is one beautiful building! (Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin.):drool
Being in relatively the same growing zone as I am I would think you must heat it? How?

I am blessed with a heated 12' X 8' sun room attached to the house, but I still dream of a real green house big enough to spend my winters getting dirt under my nails.

I like the way you landscaped the area around the green house. Good job! :thumbsup

Masoud

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Smart Red,
My greenhouse is heated by electric resistance heat to an average minimum of 52 degrees. I have many Tropical plants. Unfortunately natural gas is not available at my house. Other than electric heat, my other alternative, geothermal heat due to its upfront high cost, as well was anticipated mechanical problems resulting from high ambient humidity did not seem practical.

The landscape in summer, while most of my plants move out, is a bit different. Here is a summer picture.
image.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back to the proper topic here. My sunset was a repeat of sun rise today. One could barely distinguish the sky from the land at the horizon line. Grey on grey. I saw little sense in taking a photo of drab and dreary.

Latest posts