Toenail Polish!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Journey for the lovely compliment! My sister buys me the ones with the thick black soles that are so comfy. (Grazie, Yellow Box) They are the bribe she pays me for caring for our mother, so she doesn't have to. It's our little joke. Otherwise, there is no way I would pay $60 plus for a pair of blingy flip-flops, no matter how comfy!

I have worked for years in either steel toed boots or high heels, it seems my job choices go to far extremes. Now I have tossed the heels, (3 big garbage bags full) don't have any more steel toes and I can revel in my flip-flops. They are actually more comfortable than the "correct" shoes, inserts and all that jazz. Although those super styling sandals Steve posted do look tempting......... :lol:

Every couple of weeks, I take the polish off for a few days and go "naked nails" :lol: But then I paint 'em up again! It helps to have a little grand daughter that loves nail polish too, and Mamaw buys her polish by the case. :gig

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been barefoot all my life. I only wear boots because it hurts putting spurs on bare feet! I can't reach mine to polish them though...its not that my legs are so long, just that my arms are so short! :p

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Carol, I'm worried now about what your doctor said about nail polish. One of my little splurges is getting pedicures. I'm never without my fuchsia polish! What happens if you wear it all the time?

Mary
I guess it increases the risk for nail fungus.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
They are actually more comfortable than the "correct" shoes, inserts and all that jazz.
Wish I could say that! My feet have gotten so bad I can not walk barefoot at all. Shoes, orthodics and brace on before I leave the edge of the bed and of right before shower and then hobble to bed each day. :( And yes I was a barefooted child. NEVER had shoes on in the summer. Spent my teens to 30 somethings in flip flops. With some platforms in between. :lol: But the flat feet and extra weight plus the my on my feet job did 'em in. :barnie

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
baymule said:
They are actually more comfortable than the "correct" shoes, inserts and all that jazz.
Wish I could say that! My feet have gotten so bad I can not walk barefoot at all. Shoes, orthodics and brace on before I leave the edge of the bed and of right before shower and then hobble to bed each day. :( And yes I was a barefooted child. NEVER had shoes on in the summer. Spent my teens to 30 somethings in flip flops. With some platforms in between. :lol: But the flat feet and extra weight plus the my on my feet job did 'em in. :barnie
I'm guessing you spent a lot of your life on hard surfaces like pavement, concrete and houses without suspended floors. I was usually in dirt and on surfaces more forgiving. That is more natural and I bet that is what makes the difference. I can't stand in the kitchen in this house without being on a gel mat because its concrete foundation, and it makes my feet, knees, hips, back hurt, but I can tool around outside just fine until I hit a sticker patch!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure the hard versus soft surfaces makes a huge difference in foot health. I was also a barefoot or flip flop person, except when I had to wear regular shoes. Drove my dad crazy seeing me out in the pens with no shoes :hide . It was a constant thing between us.

I was a runner from teen to adult, and played indoor soccer for two years, where I think the majority of the damage to my feet happened. At 38 I blew my knee out playing soccer so running is now ancient history. No more barefoot days for me...:(

So all of you barefoot people rejoice in your freedom from shoes!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle , don't you envy them just a little?
Petey, NOPE, I grew up in a ranch style home with a basement. Spent all day outside weather permitting. Lots of big yards and kids to play with. Ahhh youth.
The achellis (sp?) tendon is involved so the thought of walking on uneven ground makes me cringe. The soft tilled garden makes me really hurt by the end of the day. *sigh* As Grandpa always said *Getting old ain't for sissies* :gig

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm one of those that NEVER goes barefoot. I don't like the feel of it and everything hurts my feet. There's nothing wrong with them, I just never go barefoot. Not even as a child. The pedicurist always comments how soft my feet are. Well, yea :hide

I'm not a princess, really..I'm not. :hu

Mary

Latest posts