Toenail Polish!!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, your foot looks good.

Maybe we should have a beautiful foot contest and an ugly foot contest! :) We'd need an ugly foot contest for the zen balance of things...'sides, it'd give me a real shot at winning!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Bay, your foot looks good.

Maybe we should have a beautiful foot contest and an ugly foot contest! :) We'd need an ugly foot contest for the zen balance of things...'sides, it'd give me a real shot at winning!
Sorry Marshall, I think maybe you'd come in 2nd! I think my feet are pretty nasty now. :(

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm a workboot/sandals kind of guy. Work boots when I'm working, sandals when I'm not. Can't say that I have ever had the desire to paint my toenails though :/ My brother keeps chickens down in Texas. My SIL did warn DW not to wear red toenail polish around the chickens.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of growing up running barefoot through the animal pens and such: I just read an article in The Smithsonian that makes a link between kids coming from poor (read: dirty)areas, whether it be polluted city or farm, and the much lower incidence of asthma and immune system disorders. Seems the higher socio-economic class one is, the more likely their kids are to have asthma, immune disorders, and even Type 1 diabetes. Theory is that playing in the dirt is GOOD for you! Of course, we all knew that, anyway.:rolleyes:

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Speaking of growing up running barefoot through the animal pens and such: I just read an article in The Smithsonian that makes a link between kids coming from poor (read: dirty)areas, whether it be polluted city or farm, and the much lower incidence of asthma and immune system disorders. Seems the higher socio-economic class one is, the more likely their kids are to have asthma, immune disorders, and even Type 1 diabetes. Theory is that playing in the dirt is GOOD for you! Of course, we all knew that, anyway.:rolleyes:
Yipper! :clap

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those are cute feet Bay!

For my shifts at work its 24hrs of work boots. Ive found the side zip waterproof ones are my favorite (since I don't have to unlace them each time I want to take them off) and the nonsteel toes are so much lighter. But they gotta be waterproof. I've stepped in enough "stuff" that there is NO WAY I'd go without some sort of barrier.

My big problem is I have flippers. My feet are FLAT like the prairie. Always have been even as a kid I hated shoe shopping because I'd feel the arch in the sneakers and it would make me crazy. Now I just deal with it because I know in about a week it will be gone from me walking on it.

Once the weather turns I have a pair of super cheap Walmart special sneakers I wear when I'm outside so I don't ruin my expensive actually comfortable/supportive sneakers I buy every year from the running store. If I don't have my cheap ones on, Ill put on a pair of crocs especially if I'm going to water or the grounds wet. I do go out to pick in my garden barefoot but if I'm going out for more than that, well I need something on my feet.

Ugly feet? Right here, trust me these things are awful.

I know there are less occurrence of allergies if there are pets in the home prior to arrival and I don't doubt that many folks live in sterile environments so their immune system is not developed properly. Real question is where all the food allergies....but thats another topic for another time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
OG, we have had some nice warm days that you could have worn your cut offs. We got 3/4" rain today and it cooled off. I had on a sleeveless Easter dress and sparkly flip-flops :lol: and when we came out of the restuarant in Lufkin, I was cold! We drove home, hoping-hoping-hoping---YES! We got rain too! I put on warmer clothes and flip-flops.

Chickens DO peck red polish on toes!!! And any other color for that matter. :gig

A foot contest! haha! Can I enter my dogs paws?? Or my chickens feet or my horses hooves?? With or without polish??? :lol:

Latest posts