Tomato 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good heavens! That is one bell that cannot be unrung. I'd rather not know my neighbors quite that well, thank you very much. 🤣

i could have a lot of fun with a very sheer pair of flesh colored shorts and a rather large appendage... however, i would not want to stop working for the various police force visitors. it's sad to have to explain a joke to everyone...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i could have a lot of fun with a very sheer pair of flesh colored shorts and a rather large appendage... however, i would not want to stop working for the various police force visitors. it's sad to have to explain a joke to everyone... (in handcuffs)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Thought I'd transplant this here, from the Bean Thread. ;)

This was the tomato. It looks interesting, but I have a hard time getting past their price:
Black Vernissage tomato
I'm betting that is about 12 seeds. Take a measuring teaspoon and scoop up dill seed (packaged as herb seasoning). Dill is approximately the same seed size as a tomato.
High Mowing sells seeds in small amounts like this, and I noticed that when I ordered online last year.
Here is one example:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm betting that is about 12 seeds. Take a measuring teaspoon and scoop up dill seed (packaged as herb seasoning). Dill is approximately the same seed size as a tomato.
High Mowing sells seeds in small amounts like this, and I noticed that when I ordered online last year.
Here is one example:
Yes, while there were some good varieties listed, I thought those seed prices were pretty high. $.50 per seed, for an OP??? They would have to be the only source, and even then I can't imagine being that desperate.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We each have our history and preferences in dealing with seed companies. I have bought High Mowing seeds but, only through a local garden center. (No experience whatsoever with Small House)

TotallyTomatoes has the Black Vernissage variety @ 30 seeds for $1.95.

I won't be buying a black tomato. Trying a few blacks didn't meet with favor from DW.

:) Steve

Latest posts