Tomatoes! Looking Forward

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I always transplant good looking volunteers. Most of them turn out to be beefsteak or heirloom for past years and I have had very good luck with them. I had to replace 5 that I bought this year. TWO of them snapped off in a strong windstorm in the spring. I didn't see That coming.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we're gonna have to pick tomatoes, cucumbers and red peppers tomorrow. it's getting to be crunch time because i should also pick some fresh beans... at least it is supposed ot be a few degrees cooler... welcome back @ducks4you :)

i just broke off a bean plant watering it. :( sometimes if i don't move it again they'll heal up and continue... luckily it wasn't a critical bean plant but one of the more bulk beanos...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
a tomato thicket

That's what mine is ... at least, for the less coordinated :rolleyes:.

Last harvest, DW gave me the melon side to pick while she waded along the beanside tomato patch path. Melons? Vines? Oh sure!

It's one reason that I don't know what NyBoy's NY'er tastes like. DW grabs them! Early Girls are nearby and are about indistinguishable from NyBoy's.

Hey, if those cross pollinate a little bee has told me to call them Early Boys. Take that on the qt right now since there is a chance of arrested developments ...

digitS'

Latest posts