Too many smart devices!

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I feel you pain. DW complains about new technology but as soon as TV, phone has a hick up, the world has ended until I fix. She is the one with the masters degree in business/technology.
Always had to listen to she could live be like “Little house on prairie” until this summer when we lost electric for 4 days. I reminded her of her rants-she did not appreciate that but I thought it was funny.
I use a hand powered pole saw with a lopper head and regular loppers most of the time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
3-4" loppers work really well and require no battery at all, but may need some muscle power. they work faster than any bladed tool. i do a lot of my tree and bush trimming with them first.
My battery chainsaw will take down bigger stuff that a looper can’t cut.
I have 3-4 loppers. They have their uses too!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tell me more about this as I’m needing something to cut small branches and bushes. Somehow a 50cc 18” Husqvarna seems like over kill.
It will cut up to a 5 or 6” tree down. It’s good for doing the things that are too big for a lopper, and it’s good for the things a 50cc 28” Husky is too big for.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My battery chainsaw will take down bigger stuff that a looper can’t cut.
I have 3-4 loppers. They have their uses too!
I got my mini chainsaw this summer and loved it - enough for me to take care of most of the shrubs and young trees in the garden.

84212a9fe39a4e6e8fbf491fed6ded8c.jpg

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It will cut up to a 5 or 6” tree down. It’s good for doing the things that are too big for a lopper, and it’s good for the things a 50cc 28” Husky is too big for.
I got my mini chainsaw this summer and loved it - enough for me to take care of most of the shrubs and young trees in the garden.

84212a9fe39a4e6e8fbf491fed6ded8c.jpg

I would like a lighter and longer electric pole saw. I have a gas powered stihl 15 foot pole saw and my manual pole saw. The electric could be the happy combo if they put the battery weight in the base and the motor and chain up high. Balanced weight would be the key for me, maybe biased to the rear since the chain is waving wildly about up in the air.

I got to use the smartplugs today because a evil cat named Breeny knocked off a Christmas tree ornament and shattered it all across the entry tiles. I used the Dustbuster vacuum so as I put it up I said "Hey G turn on vacuum" and it fired up the wall charger. I saw it was charged just now so I just told it to turn off vacuum. Being able to do that just walking by is nice.

Now when we can send the car to pick up groceries we will have something.

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have this, and we love it.
5345A943-C2E0-4040-8E66-8853F2ECB8EA.jpeg

We have a gas powered chainsaw that can’t seem to hold onto its chain. I hate gas powered stuff like that and won’t use it. DH only gets it out anymore if he absolutely has to have a bigger saw. But the DeWalt handles almost everything we need. That and loppers.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
On gas powered, if chain keeps going off, 80% chance sprocket is wore or bar is. Assume Oiler working as that will stretch chains fast. If you cut a lot, buy a sharpener-that also greatly extends chain life.