Took A Nasty Fall Today

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
4:30 this morning I fell about 3 feet off the outside landing to my kitchen door. It was dark out 27 degrees and I was only wearing underwear. My laundry room was a screened in porch I enclosed, there is no door from inside the house. I have to go out kitchen door down 3 steps and cross patio to get to door for that room. Clothes i wanted to wear where in the dryer, I was half asleep and could not find my robe, so I made mad dash in underwear. I stepped back to open storm door and stepped right off landing onto gravel walkway. My 1 st thought would I freeze to death almost naked in 27 degree weather if I could not move. Lucky I was not hurt bad, have scrapes and bruises but nothing broken. Here is scary part, past month I been having a premonition I was going to fall. I believed it would happen in my shower. Premonition was so strong I added slip stickers and grab bars to master bathroom. looks like bathroom in a old age home. Last week I called my mason about installing antique railings I bought 3 years ago for these steps. I feel like I have been dragged by a truck

I did not like the post because you fell. We need a WOW face button and a sad face. That is amazing having premonitions. Glad you did not get hurt.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to joke that if I ever fell down in the chicken coop they would pick my bones clean before anyone missed me.
Then I got stuck out there one day when a sudden storm blew up with FIERCE lightening strikes. I stood there inside the coop for about 20 mins with them glaring at me and thinking ".. yep, this is how it's going to end.. I'm going to make a break for it, get struck by lightening, and they're going to eat me while thinking about all the 'roasted chicken' trash talking I've done"
:lol:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have to start thinking about things like getting hurt and being alone. I am not alone but I try to at least remember my phone. If may husband is absorbed in something I figure it would be hours before he noticed I was outside for too long. And I would be frozen to death..

I do things like if I get out of the car to do something, I take my keys with me, so I do not accidentally lock myself out. Early one morning I heard a knock on the door and by the time I got there nobody was there. I decided to go outside for some reason and look, so I put my shoes and coat on. It was very cold and I saw my young neighbor lady running from a house and then she saw me and she ran towards me, crying and had a light coat on. She had locked herself out of the house and out of her car. She got out and left her purse in the car and the door locked. She lived alone. I had her come in and I called the police to come open her car for her. She was so scared. Nobody home in any of the houses and so cold. Police came and got the car opened up.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh NYB, does that mean you are ok? Just a little bruised up? How did this affect your back pain you just went through? Are you still seeing someone for it?
Yes...let those visitors pamper you ALL weekend. :old

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad that you are ok! You will be sore, take all the above advice. Take a bottle with you for that long soak in a hot tub. LOL Just don't drink too much and drown your drunk ass in the tub!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! Glad you didn’t break any bones. I hope that was the premonition you had and that it’s over now.

I don’t fall but I’m always crashing into things and getting bruises on my legs. No it’s not my sight. I’m just always in a hurry and rounding corners too fast.

Mary

Latest posts