Took A Nasty Fall Today

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That powder can damage your voice too. Get the door open and breathe fresh air. A wreck happened in front of me once, I pulled off on grass, ran to first vehicle, woman was screaming, I got her out, got her two kids out and took them to my car. Don't know why she was screaming, they weren't hurt, she was just scared. The man that hit them was dazed, his head hit the steering wheel. I opened his door, he undid his seat belt and sat there.

I had a wreck on a Houston Freeway and the airbag popped. I opened the door as fast as I could to get that fresh air.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My friend Chris was in a bad car accident. The airbag is packed with some kind of powder. When the airbag deployed the whole inside of car had powder floating around. my friend Chris first thought was they where clouds and he was in heaven.

That powder is there on purpose. The fabric unfolds so quickly and with such force, the powder reduces friction. But, yes, it does irritate eyes quite a bit.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was second in line yesterday when a car turning left, pulled into a motorcyclist. I slammed on my brakes, turned on the emergency flashers and got traffic to stop. There was motorcycle debris everywhere. There were plenty of people there to help the man who was moaning. I and another fella ran traffic for about 20 minutes on our two lane road until a state Trooper arrived. Luckily Rural Metro Fire pulled up within 10 min and started to take care of the moaning man.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Almost every driver is in too much of a hurry. I don't think it's just my age. It may be the ease of driving new car models, some kind of demonstration of driving skill, with 90+% driving above the speed limit - it's almost survival ..!

A few months ago, I drove by a high school. A bicyclist in the crosswalk and a car driver left a 4-way stop at the same time ..!

The kid on the bicycle ended up under the grill with his bicycle completely under the car between the wheels. Everything turned out okay! Mostly, they both seemed a little embarrassed. Any lessons learned? I sure hope so ...

Steve
who was living in CA when seatbelts were first required and he had to have them installed on his 1958 vehicle.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
In the 1960s, my dad was a passenger in a car. He was blind so his seeing eye dog was in the floor in the front. My dad kept telling the driver he was going too fast and there was ice on the road. My dad could feel the car move. This guy was flying like 70 down the road. He hit ice, the car went in the air and turned end over end, backwards. The driver was thrown out and broke his arm. My dad and dog went over the back seat and landed in the floor as the car went end over end. The policeman said they both would have been dead if wearing seatbelts. The motor was in the front seat. When I first learned to drive my dad would not let me wear a seatbelt. I really never obeyed seatbelt laws for years. I still worry when I put one on if this is the right thing to do, but do not want a ticket.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm going to toss out that old standby.... I worked a few years with a rescue squad that served the area around one of the major interstate interchanges in the area. I never once unbuckled a dead person's seatbelt. I did, however, search medians & ditches more than once for drivers who had been ejected from a wrecked vehicle.

Latest posts