Took A Nasty Fall Today

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband is sore all over. A few days ago, he was standing in a chair to reach something. I had a flash vision of him falling and sure enough, he fell. He managed to hit the table and the bar on his way down and landed on his back. Nothing broke, but ibuprofen is his friend.

This in no way tops falling in the cold, outside, in underwear. :lol:[/QUOTE
#1 cause of death
I got tackled by the dogs a couple days ago. Trip came running and didn't stop. Then because I was splattered out on the ground, he figured it was because I wanted to play. Carson the puppy is now 50 pounds and he does what Trip does. So I had 160 pounds of dogs jumping all over me, licking my face. :lol:

This evening the sheep knocked me on my butt, crowding in for feed when I dumped it in their tub.

Today, DH pulled on a large, well rooted weed. When it came up, he fell backwards. So all the healing he's had from splattering on the kitchen floor has now been rescinded with interest.
You must have been laughing and crying in pain at the same time. You 2 better take a little better care of your selves.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you are o.k. I almost laughed when I got a mental pic of you out in the cold in you skivvies. But then remembered the time I got locked out in snow and sub-zero temps in jeans, flannel shirt and house slippers. I had only stepped out to move snow away from a dryer vent and the door shut and latch on screen dropped into lock position. (I have since taped it up.) I was able to find a tool in the garage to pry screen door away from frame and let the door open. Darn it COLD out. No neighbors home either.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you are o.k. I almost laughed when I got a mental pic of you out in the cold in you skivvies. But then remembered the time I got locked out in snow and sub-zero temps in jeans, flannel shirt and house slippers. I had only stepped out to move snow away from a dryer vent and the door shut and latch on screen dropped into lock position. (I have since taped it up.) I was able to find a tool in the garage to pry screen door away from frame and let the door open. Darn it COLD out. No neighbors home either.
This happened to my daughter when she was living alone in Ohio, just out of college. She went out to warm up her car without a coat, hair still wet, lock herself out of the car and house. Not in a great neighborhood.She called me in Massachusetts. Fortunately she had her phone. But what caudal I do but worry!. It was in a city and I think she was having trouble reaching the police. It all worked out but I have forgotten who rescued her police or AAA.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I keep a spare key planted in the garden outside the door now. I locked myself out when we first moved in. We are boonies. Middle of no where

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've told this story before ;).

When I was 3 and 4 years old, we lived with my grandmother on her little farm.

She had a stack of wooden flats beside her door. Down a certain number of flats were several small stacks of clay pots. A certain number of pots down was the door key.

One of my spare keys is outside. But, it's up high ... I'd better not fall first and then need it after crawling half way across the yard!

;) Steve
who didn't know that the police will help with locked cars :hu

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve police help with keys locked in car. Middle of summer I had to take my dog to vet. She hated vets, after seeing Dr would have been a while for bill to come up front. I put dog in car because in was summer I started car and turned on AC went back inside. My dog stepped on lock locking door. Police came right away when report of dog locked in car ( never mention ac was on ) police said he might strach the paint getting door open ( I was ready to break window) 2 seconds door open.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep a spare key planted in the garden outside the door now. I locked myself out when we first moved in. We are boonies. Middle of no where
I keep a hidden key also. I think I told the story about getting locked out of the house after soaking in the hot tub....twice. It was cold and I had a towel. Luckily I was wearing bathing suit which is not always the case. The first time I broke a small window to unlock the back door. I couldn't break it the next time and had to flag down the police when they happened by. They felt bad about breaking the window but helped me out. My dog licked the PO shoes. So embarrassed that 2 young guys had to save me like that. And when they left one said to say Hi to my husband. He had had the young officer in school.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My biggest problem was a hidden key was no help. It was the latch on the screen door. Only able to be opened from inside. (no key)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can sympathize. My mom and I were in a nasty car accident last Thursday. We got off lucky, just bruises from the seat-belts (emergency room confirmed). But BOY do those bruises hurt! Even now I need to pop a pair of Tylenol every six hours or so, and my side is the color of raw hamburger. But as I said, it could have been much worse. (Note: I am not trying to belittle your pain, just stating the facts.)
My friend Chris was in a bad car accident. The airbag is packed with some kind of powder. When the airbag deployed the whole inside of car had powder floating around. my friend Chris first thought was they where clouds and he was in heaven.

Latest posts