Took A Nasty Fall Today

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Time for one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up," devices?
I checked those devices out about a year ago... Just another cost that I do not need. So, I just always carry my small contractor's cell phone ( not one of those big screen monstrocities that you can't keep in your pocket ) in my pocket all the time.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can sympathize. My mom and I were in a nasty car accident last Thursday. We got off lucky, just bruises from the seat-belts (emergency room confirmed). But BOY do those bruises hurt! Even now I need to pop a pair of Tylenol every six hours or so, and my side is the color of raw hamburger. But as I said, it could have been much worse. (Note: I am not trying to belittle your pain, just stating the facts.)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to joke that if I ever fell down in the chicken coop they would pick my bones clean before anyone missed me.
Then I got stuck out there one day when a sudden storm blew up with FIERCE lightening strikes. I stood there inside the coop for about 20 mins with them glaring at me and thinking ".. yep, this is how it's going to end.. I'm going to make a break for it, get struck by lightening, and they're going to eat me while thinking about all the 'roasted chicken' trash talking I've done"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cane! Yer killin' me! :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband is sore all over. A few days ago, he was standing in a chair to reach something. I had a flash vision of him falling and sure enough, he fell. He managed to hit the table and the bar on his way down and landed on his back. Nothing broke, but ibuprofen is his friend.

This in no way tops falling in the cold, outside, in underwear. :lol:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Before my parents moved to assisted living, my dad once fell and landed on his side against the brick fireplace hearth. No broken bones but horribly bruised, and edema. His back felt like a big marshmallow. Honestly, he had edema so bad it changed his voice!!
I tried to figure out why this would happen. I hadn't talked with his doctor, but I supposed the swelling/pressure in his chest pushed against his trachea.
Of course he was in terrible pain, and his body turned horrible colors, He was on blood thinners so bruised easily anyway.
I felt his pain, worried over his health, tried to assist where I could. But the worst part for me personally was his voice. It was that raspy tone sort of in between two discordant sharp notes that is like fingernails on a chalk board to me. Ugh!
Eventually his voice went back to normal, as the swelling went down. Whew!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a falling queen. Really. I've fallen so many times since 2011, that its astounding. It scares me to death.

I'm glad you're going to be aok, Nyboy. Have fun with your friends and all the talking and such to take your mind off your aches and pains.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got tackled by the dogs a couple days ago. Trip came running and didn't stop. Then because I was splattered out on the ground, he figured it was because I wanted to play. Carson the puppy is now 50 pounds and he does what Trip does. So I had 160 pounds of dogs jumping all over me, licking my face. :lol:

This evening the sheep knocked me on my butt, crowding in for feed when I dumped it in their tub.

Today, DH pulled on a large, well rooted weed. When it came up, he fell backwards. So all the healing he's had from splattering on the kitchen floor has now been rescinded with interest.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Grief!

I thought I had falling problems - before making some special efforts.

A nurse wanted to know how often I fell because of my awkward gait. It didn't seem like a good time to mislead, protecting my ego. I told her, "About once a month." Wow. She went off on me about walking hardware, about physical therapy ...

But the thing was, I was often in a hurry and would fall when it didn't seem that there was much danger of falling. So, I'd fall out in the open on the lawn or in the middle of a carpeted room. So, my falls didn't usually result in an injury. Mostly, falling would just make me angry :rolleyes:.

She was right, tho. A serious injury was probably right around the corner. I slowed down even when I might have walked faster in earlier times. It made a big difference and probably cut my falling mishaps by better than a half.

Steve

Latest posts