Tree Fell A Lot Of Damage

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Gee whiz--SOOO sorry!
:hugs
Just a note--check your trees to see if they are viable. I thought it cost an arm and leg to remove one, but DD's had a local small company (that are city arborists and do these jobs on the side) take down the 18"diameter pine tree that was growing less than 2 feet from their foundation and interfering with their electric lines. They did it for $300.00, flat. DD's were busy and couldn't understand their bill, until the looked out the window and saw it gone! They removed the stump and you can't even tell that it was even there. We have had a LOT of local trees damaged by the 2012 drought. One cracked in 1/2 from a storm this summer and it was hollow from 1/2-way up, which you could see from the trunk that snapped. Also, watch for any mushrooms growing on them, which I have learned is a sure sign of tree death.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Grief. So sorry this happened. A blessing runs where empty. I think Red is right. How can they figure it was not part of your business that they are insuring. Good Luck.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Around here they will cover whatever was damaged by a falling tree, and remove enough of the tree to allow repair of damage, but they will not pay for the rest of the tree to be removed.
A few years ago I had storm damage to our house, the adjuster assessed the damage and asked if there was anything else damaged before she printed out her report.
I told her that a very large pine tree had been struck by lightning and there was a huge void from about 30' up on down to under the ground.
She looked at the tree and said I was lucky as that sort of damage was the only thing my policy covered, and figured $500 damage to the tree, the max she could pay.
I checked a couple of mos. ago and the tree had almost completely healed the wound.

THANX RICH

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dickie funny the woman who took my claim said fence only covered if damaged by airplane or lighting. Phil because I have employees NY makes me carry workers com and liability plus unemployment insurance all separate policies. You will not believe what I spend a month on insurance between work, me and 2 homes. I even have 2 different car insurance companies one for my daily driver and a different one for classics for truck

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry this happened to you Nyboy. So glad no dogs or people were injured.
I'm no fan of insurance companies, but it's one of those things in life you can't avoid. Unfortunately it's when we need them most that we find out about all of their loopholes and deficiencies.

In my little neighborhood we have no less than four active and one retired insurance agents or claim adjusters.
I hear insurance stories... it's not reassuring...

I hope for the best you can get in your circumstance.

Planes or lightening?? :confused:

Latest posts