Trivial, but You Really Try!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here at work (where I live lately) I have DOZENS of these little habits.
The stapler HAS to be on the right side of the outbound window (staple with right hand, reach paperwork out to driver with left)
The clip boards HAVE to sit on the counters with the top edge facing me so that when I pick it up my hand is already on the clippy-thing and the papers slide right in
I left-hand mouse at the accounting computer - but right-hand mouse at the scale computer. And CAN NOT switch.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I get older, I have to clip my keys to my purse. If they are not there, I get frantic. I've lost them so many times.

And don't get me started on the cell phone. I've had to message my DD up in WA to ring my phone - last time it was three tries before I found it! I need to do something trival and repetitive to make me place my phone in the same place each time it leaves my hand.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
As for my tea bag, which I've been having tea every morning before my coffee since I was 18, I have to be able to dunk and dunk and dunk up and down in the hot water. I just opened a box of Tetley tea and there is NO STRING! So I need to take a teeny weeny part of the mesh and dunk it a few times before I let it steep.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Rhodie Ranch ,

is the tea bag squeezed or not,

after steep.

Steve
who uses a 5 minute rule sorta, earlier than 5 minutes, squeezed. later, not squeezed. don't try too hard on that quirk :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I need to do something trival and repetitive to make me place my phone in the same place each time it leaves my hand.

Maybe you should wear it.
When I work outside or ride I use a phone pouch that I clip to a belt loop on my jeans. I used to always just slide it in a back pocket, but there was that day I broke it on the tractor seat and got cured of that.

I don't have one of these, but when the old belt clip pouch wears out I think I'll get one. They look so handy.
https://www.therunningbuddy.com/collections/running-buddy-products

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Rhodie Ranch ,

is the tea bag squeezed or not,

after steep.

Steve
who uses a 5 minute rule sorta, earlier than 5 minutes, squeezed. later, not squeezed. don't try too hard on that quirk :)

shaken not stirred! :) i would let it steep forever, sometimes more than one tea bag if the first was all used up but still had a bit left in it. some friends of a friend would keep a pie tin on top of their wood stove full of water with tea bags tossed in there. i didn't know what the rule was about when they would remove them, but the water/tea was sometimes accurately described as "sludge". and no, i never had tea there...

Latest posts