Trivial, but You Really Try!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
drip drip drip drip drip. Agh! I have to go in after a few minutes or an hour and turn it on, then off again properly, to keep it from dripping.
Here's something that I do every time I'm in an awkward position and using my non-dominant hand to turn a valve. Non-dominant? Exactly!

I have to determine which hand is left (in my case) so as to know which way to turn the valve. Right hand must have "muscle memory." Left hand knows nothing!

Unrelated: Can you whistle? More than one note? Do you keep trying to learn? Blow up a balloon? Pop your cheek with a finger? What, aren't you trying?

Steve ;)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even tho I had a gap between my front teeth and had it fixed with a frenectomy, I've never been able to whistle with my fingers set inside my mouth - you know. The huge loud one that most people can make...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since we have such a trivial topic, mine is about coffee. I use about half a teaspoon of sugar and a bit of milk in my coffee, depending on how strong it is. I put the milk and sugar in before I pour the coffee in the cup. That way I don't need a spoon, it is mixed as I pour. If you put a few tablespoons if sugar in the coffee you may still need to stir it, but I don't use that much sugar. I don't mess up a spoon. I don't have to find a way to lay the spoon down without getting a counter top or saucer dirty and keep the spoon clean for the next cup. I do use a paper towel or napkin to put under my coffee cup so I don't spill it when I carry it or set it down, that paper goes in my compost pile bucket.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother can do that fingers whistle, not me. I can snap my fingers, however.

At some point and mostly to some degree, I stopped competing with my older brother. Many things were down right dangerous for me to try - despite his encouragement. If I was more successful, like card games or table tennis, he would torment me as he was determined to improve by practice. He could ruin the fun!

Can you snap your fingers? Anh!

Riding a bike ... I felt that I was being made fun of. By 9 (nine!), he and I were more patient with me learning. Besides, we had moved to where I could actually go somewhere ... like to my bus stop, nearly a mile away!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband can do a loud whistle by arranging his lips over his lower teeth, you know the way I mean? And my sister can do the two fingers whistle, but I could never learn it. Life is so unfair. Sometimes I can't even standard whistle, just get air.

Latest posts