Tromboncino Squash Vine Borers! Pg 4

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When you plant them, post it on this thread and we can share info about this unique squash! I would love to hear how these do for you!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked the squash shown in the picture on post 12. It was 33 inches long and weighed 2 1/2 pounds. I cut off a piece of the neck and sautd it with onion and bell pepper. The texture was changing to that of a winter squash, not quite, but it was not the texture of a young zucchini. The skin was still green and tender, just need to pick them a little sooner.

Today, I cut the rest of the neck in 6" lengths and sliced it for frying. This was easier than the round half dollar size. I fried half and vacuum sealed the other half. I scooped out the seeds from the bulb end and froze that too. That will make 4 meals from one squash.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
wow, 4 meals from one squash - that's being thrifty! I hope I can find these beauties for next yr.
Go to page one, post seven for the link on where to buy seeds.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Add rumbo squash if you want many meals from one squash. It is large sweet and delicious. Seems also to be safe from squash bugs and squash borers.
bj taylor said:
wow, 4 meals from one squash - that's being thrifty! I hope I can find these beauties for next yr.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've now put a book beside my computer to write these great varieties down where I can find them (assuming I can find the book of course).

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
I've now put a book beside my computer to write these great varieties down where I can find them (assuming I can find the book of course).
BJ, click on the link on page one and open the page. Then save it to your favorites and you will have the link for when you want to order next year.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:gig well well what do you know? thanks bay. one of these days i'll join the 21st century. thanks. it was so obvious & easy. I should have thunk of it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, somebody had to tell me about it. I am a computer dinosaur myself. My DD and DSIL make it look so easy. Heck, even my grand daughter played with her mom's I-phone when she was a year old and I couldn't even turn it on, much less find an ap. :lol:

Once you discover the My Favorites, then you can save web sites and group them under specific headings such as Gardening, Garden bugs, Chickens, Spices, Recipes and so on. Makes it easier to find that site you liked so much.

Latest posts