Truck Update

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
& what good will a lawyer be? You threaten him, he says fine, come get your truck. Now he is mad, so he hands you a bill for one year storage? What is that in NY? $2400? If he did anything, he can say he has 20 hours @ $100/hour.... Or 200 hours. He has you. Plus if he has painted anything, now parts kick in.......

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed I am talking about if some thing happened to my truck. He no longer is emailing me photos. I also plan on paying him agreed upon price and not a Penny more. Unfortunately I don't have in writting just hand shake.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would be shocked if truck isn't there. I believe he just works on it when he has time (between paying jobs) and feels like it (when not camping with your sister). Make him mad, it's your word against his as to agreed upon amount. Most estimates are open ended as they don't know what they are going to get into once project is started.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
He sent me photo truck looks the same as day he took it. i told him I have email where he claimed work was done he told me come get truck I told him no he picked up he will bring back I told him i want depoist back all parts. sat truck will be returned

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
:weeegood to hear it will make a return trip. just a learning experience with the next person you choose to work on the truck, get an agreement in writing so you know a time frame when the work will be done.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I also had some anger bottle up with my sister who is friends with this creep. She did not want to get involve best of their friendship. I let her known how I was hurt this man lied to me for over a year she didn't have my back. Her and husband cancelled camping trip with him.After thinking truck almost done and waiting for a year I almost don't want truck anymore. Sad all he had to due was say I bit off more then i can chew sorry. I would have understood .

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are getting your truck back. Wait till you see what your bill is. You already knew what your sister was like. You shouldn't be surprised. You hoped for an excellent job at a decent price. You should have known that was out 30 days into project.

When you get your truck back (& bill isn't too high), call it a learning experience. We all have them.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
A verbal contact may not hold as much weight, but you probably still have all of your email communications. Didn't we see a pic of the truck loaded up to go too? Time stamp on that as well. I hope he will just give you your money back without having to go to court. He shouldn't have taken it on if he knew he didn't have the time. I'm surprised he didn't give up sooner on his own.