Ugly Babies

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
peacock-dog-jpg.14224

The press totally missed the story on this.

The Standard Poodle was trained by his owner to retrieve him from the place of everlasting torment and carry him to the land of celestial bliss.

When the doctors told him that his earthly stay was down to a matter of days, he had his dog groomed like this figuring that the authorities would be so startled by the appearance that in one place, they wouldn't notice his departure, in the other, they wouldn't notice his arrival ..!

Man's Best Friend.

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, @TheSeedObsesser we've been talking about you! Glad to see you are still among us. Are you in a place you can have your garden and ducks?

Unfortunately not in a place that I can garden, in the middle of the woods and parents don't like to cut down trees. Planted three hills of squash in the middle of trees which did fine then got devoured by big slugs. Ducks love it though, big stream.

Glad to be back, will catch up more when I can, sure missed a lot.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad your back. I found sometimes you can prune a tree to let more light in. You might be able to get enough sunlight without cutting trees down

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky I don't want to hand feed, much rather the parents do the feeding. A friend once was hand feeding a puppy mother rejected. Milk went in to lungs was horrible watching puppy slowly choke to death.I never want to hand feed any baby if it can be avoided.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that sure had a lasting effect on you. Must have been a sad day.

Birds are a little different I would suppose. I've raised baby doves twice that fell out of the nest into the parking lot where my mom worked. They were naked and hugely ugly, just freshly hatched I would guess. I just kept them with me where ever I went in a little box nest and fed them frequently. Not exactly parrots, but if I can do it, anybody can.
They became solid citizen in the dove world. They flew off and returned home for a few days, then were unrecognizable from all the other doves we would see fly through.

Latest posts