ummm, yeah...or What the heck????

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Too funny! Last year I had my game hens laying in a nest box on my laundry porch. Their rooster thought he was soooo smart to show them that box sitting in there...(pst....right out the kitchen door :gig ). I haven't gotten any monster eggs yet though.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I cracked the monster egg open today. Turns out, it was an egg within an egg. I have pics I'll post in the morning.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got my first egg from my newest bunch of girls today. a little bitty thing next the grown up girl's big brown eggs. it was so cute.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
baymule said:
You got a two-fer!
More like a one and a halfer...two shells, two whites, one yolk in the inner egg. The inner egg was the size of a regular egg. Really weird.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
An egg inside of another egg?

When I was a wee little kid and found out about the birds n the bees nobody said anything like that happening!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cool! I've heard of those happening (a rare occurance.) Takes those pullets awhile to get their plumbing in order. Can't wait to see the pic.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pics not very good, but here it is. Large egg, within a very large egg:

And what was inside the inner egg:

The outer eggshell was fairly thin. The inner eggshell was normal thickness with a normal yolk inside. I think I prefer double yolks to double shells. Come to think of it, the chicken probably does too :lol: :gig

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:sick I think I'd have to feed that one back to the chickens. Doesn't look very appetizing!