Unbelievable Back Pain

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, I have a lot of trouble arguing with you as you are probably right. A lot of us do that though. I could go through stories where I've done that. My wife is doing it right know with a foot pain, I'm hoping she goes in soon. Most of the time when I go in with pain (never back pain) the doctor says give it time, though he often prescribes pain medicine. I usually do not fill those prescriptions. I'm more scared of the pills that the pain.

In some cases though a doctor can help a lot, either making it better or at least not making it worse. Backs are nothing to fool around with. Alex look at it this way, if he wants to hospitalize you then you probably need it for long-term health.
I had a loot of neck pain as early as i my 20s. The I discovered chiropractic. 2-3 weeks of pain or walk out better and perfect the next day. I can remember one appt when the Dr. asked how long I was in pain. When I told him 2 weeks, actually I can't remember what the said. But I knew I was stupid. Always go as fast as I can with pain. Regularly use and ice pack. Also use acupuncture for unusually bad pain.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay you are right on. The small business owner doesn't always have the luxury calling in sick. My business is based 100% on trust. Clients trust ME to care for their pets. They don't want to hand over their dog to someone they have not known long time.
But what happens to your business if you cann't work at all?

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy You must have someone on your staff you can "groom" to take over the running of things if needed. If not, think about it, hope it never happens but it's best to be prepared. Think of all the stress that will be averted if you can leave things in capable hands, I'm sure your clients would understand. None of us are invincible we like to think we are but we're not.

Annette

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
So... in NY there aren't any Dr's offices or even emergency care "Doc-in-the-box" where you can go after hours??

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, I need to remind you that the doctor works for you. You can always refuse to do what he suggests, or, more practical, ask him for an alternative course of treatment. It could be physical therapy or an electric stimulation unit that you could wear.
And, getting a good chiropractor to go to regularly is priceless.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last test was run at 9am last hospital stay, I was told all Dr had to do was sign release papers and I could go home. By 3pm I was fuming my paper still where not signed. So I lite up a cigarette, with in seconds my room was filled with staff. Everyone asked if I was smoking, I looked at them smiled and satd sorry your mistaken wasn't me. Funny my papers got sign shorty after.

Latest posts