UPS brought the All American Canner!!!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have found some great deals on jars on Craigslist and garage sales too. I am really looking forward to doing soup- or at least broth.

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mine came today!! I got the 921. I've just opened the box and peeked inside, it looks very... industrial.

Maybe by the time all those tomatoes are ready (I counted 35 plants this morning! how did that happen?) I'll have learned how to use it.

-Wendy

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Don't be scared of it... I stared at mine for a couple of days before I turned it on and gave it a whirl. :D

I got the 921 also, but I got it off of craigslist for $140. I ended up having to buy the pressure weight online as it didn't come with it. Well worth the price and it is an amazing canner!!!!

Salsa & whole tomatoes will be rocking this kitchen this summer!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is the 921 the one you can put half gallon jars in? I'm saving my pennies and keeping an eye peeled for a deal, but I think I want the tall version, whatever that model # is.

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Is the 921 the one you can put half gallon jars in? I'm saving my pennies and keeping an eye peeled for a deal, but I think I want the tall version, whatever that model # is.
I don't think so, it doesn't look tall enough. Maybe the 930, that looks like you can stack two layers of quart jars? http://www.allamericancanner.com/allamericanpressurecanner.htm

(Hmmm... based on that I guess I could have just gotten the 915 that still does 7 quart jars. Not sure why DH picked this one, it must have had good Amazon reviews.)

-Wendy

firemenlovechicks

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I can get 16 pints or 7 quart jars in my model 921...... I just used it for the first time last week while making some homemade chicken soup...... I LOVE THIS CANNER!!!!!

Jeff

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
oops... silly of me, I was looking at the 921 and was thinking, that sure does look small to me, I thought mine was bigger and could hold more.

Yep, Correction, I have the 925! Which can do - 25 Quarts (Liquid), 19 Pint Jars, 7 Quart Jars. So far I've done 16 1/2 pint jars in it at most. I'm going to be doing a TON of wine jelly and balsamic onion & garlic jelly this weekend... so it will be well loved again. :D

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The 921 is fine for me but if you have a big family you might want a bigger one.

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I bought a 921 and love it, just the right size, super quality. I think I paid about 240 on amazon for mine this past December so it looks like the price is really going down so grab it at or below 200 dollars..Like I said I was amazed at the quality and knew I had something that can be passed down to future generations..

Latest posts