USDA Sued over approval of GMO Alfalfa

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm conviced the real reason behind this is to destroy the organic meat industry. Animals fed on GMO alfalfa cannot be marketed as organic. Ditto for eggs from poultry that were fed feed containing GMO alfalfa. Practically all animal feed contains at least some alfalfa.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Exactly. This just goes to show all these people growing their own food HAS made an impact on the bottom line of these big agribusinesses.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hope more people finally get off their lazy butts and plant things.

What bothers me sooooooooooooooooooooooo much, is everyone is screaming how WE have to feed all these people by 2050. We need an increase by 70% on production.

Ok, lets see, during WWI and WWII didn't the government say, go out and plant gardens... not enough people are working to produce enough food for everyone. So as Americans be self sufficent and strong and a leader to the world in our pride and our families. Wow... victories gardens were just the most amazing thing ever then.

41% of American's food came out of their own gardens then. That's 8 million tons of food right outside our back doors no trips to the store... not enough food at the store anyways!

I can't find the numbers (if anyone finds them please post here so I know), but I doubt more then 1% of American homes has a garden that produces food! (Outside of medium-large farms for profit)

It bothers me that people can't even stick a pepper in a pot for heaven's sake!

I know people who wouldn't garden, but now do. Even if we all chose to do this, and even if we only did a small amount of patio gardening, and only did it for 10 years of our life span... what kind of numbers would those produce as far as worrying about food supplies in the future? Would it add on an extra 10 years, 20 years 100 years until we panic again?

I wish the obama's would stop talking 'healthy' garden for your 'health' and just say... plant a dang garden, in a pot if you have to, get free exercise, get low cost HEALTHY food, and save the future of our planet from starvation or a take over of GMO foods.

Open up, let people see the light... too many people are stilld umb to this theory!!!

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:clap

I know I'm not the only person here that looks at the pretty sunny lawns in suburbia and thinks, "Wow, what a great place for a bunch of (well mulched) raised beds! What a waste to have just a lawn!" :rant

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
The government also encouraged everyone to have a few chickens in their backyard...I guess it just makes too much sense. Everyone knows eggs come from foam containers anyway....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
its the gov't just trying to control the populace. if they can control the supply of food and make everyone think that the gov't will supply them with all that they need-money, security, etc. when they threaten to take the money and security away, those not prepared scream about it!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank you Wifezilla! TJ was always great with good quotes about how he viewed gov't!

we all need to stand up to these bureaucrats that are trying to run our government and tell us what our farms are to be growing, testing, and raising! they can tell all the lies they want and supply the inspectors will lots of false or incomplete information until after the truth comes out when people are showing sickness from unhealthy, poison sprayed foods! :sick

why would i want to spray pesticides on the feed meant for cattle that will not get washed off before being ingested by the animal?! we know we should be washing our foods before prepping them to eat ourselves (those of us that don't eat organic i mean).