Use Ginger and/or Turmeric? Grow it?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you have eat it. Turmeric paste is a handy way to cook with it, easier to add it into sauces and curries. That is one thing I forgot to mention with the golden milk--take care not to spill unless you want to stain everything permanently very yellow! :p

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, I'm mixing it with black pepper and fresh milk. I was wondering what baymule is doing with the mix.
I take a heaping tablespoon of it, chase it with milk or coffee or whatever I'm drinking. It really works. I have a bad left knee that sometimes feels like knives are stabbing it, it burns, throbs, and will wake me up with pain. The turmeric makes the inflammation subside. I have an ap on my phone that counts steps, I walk 3-5 miles a day, just going about my farm. Every step crunches my knee, I couldn't do it without the turmeric. I also use Arnicare cream topically and sometimes take the Arnicare tablets. Arnicare cream is a awesome painkiller!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
baymule, Thank you for getting back to me on this. I have an injury, my elbow, a clumsy fall and landing on an upright angle iron. I got a pretty good gash, that after another blow while working on a well, became greatly swollen. Amoxacillin ~and having read much about the properties of Curcumin I have been taking turmeric with black pepper in milk . The swelling is gone, save a lump at the elbow that is slowly lessening.
I've pretty much stopped applying poultice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was interested and wanted to know if anyone was using this herb and with what results.

Thanks again

Richard

I have read that Black Pepper (piperine) helps absorption

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is what I know --- no matter how much Turmeric you ingest, it is not absorbed unless you have it with some fat -- it is fat soluble. Also black pepper increases absorption. An article I read recently suggests researching the best supplements. I will post the link later on, right now I'm on the run. I use powdered turmeric fairly often in Salads, or even scrambled eggs, or rice dishes, any sautee, I throw some in. Keep in mind that it is a staple in East India although I don't know that they drink turmeric tea -- the people there seem to have white enough teeth. This was copied from another site

Latest posts