Use Ginger and/or Turmeric? Grow it?

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just brought some turmeric home to grow. will plant it in few minutes.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
  1. Larisa, Once years ago, while free diving off Polos Verdes, thats in California, I got a very bad gash in my thigh. I put nothing on but honey in the bandage. All the cuts went away without a scar except the deepest one, a scar I have till this day. The honey did a very good job of keeping the wound clean and helping to heal.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The main thing that was natural honey. With the apiary, but not from the supermarket.
If one of the teens have acne, grandmothers do for their old remedy - honey and flour. It should be mixed with honey in half the flour. The resulting "dough" is put on the sore spot for a few hours. Also treat abscesses.
Children with sore throat give warm milk with honey and butter before bed. It should be drunk in small sips.
Well, about honey can open a separate topic.:D

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, you need to be careful buying honey at the supermarket. The laws on honey production are lax, and even though it says "Product of USA" and "Pure Honey" it can actually be diluted with corn syrup and be from another country where there are fewer laws. Once it is shipped to the US it can be mixed with other bulk honey, so you really don't know what you are getting and from where. (This causes a lot of distress for our local producers, as you can imagine)
If you are going to use honey, do everything you can to get real local honey. It is expensive, but so is being sick.
I compare honey with olive oil. Both are really healthy, but what you get is often not what it is supposed to be.