Use Ginger and/or Turmeric? Grow it?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're trying to incorporate more turmeric into our cooking and we also like the golden turmeric milk. I grew some this year which @hoodat gave me in two 6 gallon pots. It was very easy to grow. I'll be digging it up here soon. It got really tall, so I'm hoping it did well.
I have 2 of Hoodat's plants too! One was warping the plastic pot because the root grew so large.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're in a warm spell at the moment, so I've left them as long as possible. Can't wait to dig them up and see what I've got! :weee

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there ma'm, where did you pick it up, the Turmeric?

This time of year, you'll plant it inside?

Richard

I bought it at a produce place. I will keep it in my greenhouse for the winter..

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
valley ranch, I live in eastern Pa where is gets very cold. We have had 12 measurable snow storms up until last year...My greenhouse is kept warm all winter. It is very tropical in there in the winter with snow high around it....It's wonderful to be in there in winter....

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My heating system????? My greenhouse now has a pellet stove for the main heat source, It uses about 1 bag of pellets every day. It will probably use more in the dead of winter. We also have a monitor heater for a back up if the pellet stove fails or needs help. And a generator if the electric fails and a sensor machine that calls my cell if the temp goes below what I want.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have posted pics of it here before. It is about 14 X 26 all glass. But we cover it will 2 layers of plastic for the winter.

This is summer...
greenhouse.jpg

This is Winter...
gh5.jpg

The poor thing is all buttoned up for this year......That saves me allot and yet the plants will be happy in there for the winter...

greenhouse1.jpg

It's packed and we still have more plants to go into it for the winter....LOL

Latest posts