Using up Sweet Potatoes

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've done a baked dish lately with cubed sweet potatoes, diced up cooked bacon, and feta stirred together. Just dump it in a casserole and bake for a good hour on 375* or so. Its delicious and easy!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those all sound good! I love feta. So easy I'll definitely have to try it.

I've made the sweet potato fries a couple of ways. It is hard to get them crisp in the oven, but they still taste good. They turn out a little better deep fried.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use them in fermenting often, 10 days to yummy...

I am so wanting to get started with that, fermenting carrots and whatever else I can get my hands on. I will have to try it with sweet potatoes. I already make ACV and kombucha. Tried kraut once and tossed it out because I think I ruined it. I need to read up on it.

We had the sweet potato latkes for dinner again tonight. We are so addicted to them! I've made them 4 times since I started this thread. And sweet potato tater tots are great too, baked and a lot healthier, but still good!

I'm going to have to grow a longer row of sweet potatoes next year. They're so versatile and yummy. :) Mine are still good in storage at the moment too.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sweet potatoes are much more healthier than regular potatoes. I hardly ever buy regular potatoes. But I do buy sweet potatoes a lot.

Mary