Using Vintage Kitchen Tools

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, I agree with the others. I think a little rust in the diet is good for you. All the kitchen tools in this house are vintage.
And most of them Mom and Dad's I'll bet. What a wonderful thing to be able to use kitchen tools that were used and treasured by past family.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Smart Red - you're correct. Sometimes I'll hold onto a spatula or a potato peeler for a few additional seconds before I lay it down. Just a second or two to be with mom. Or I'll stop as I walk through the barn and look at the shovel, rake, or posthole digger hanging on the wall or maybe that old broken square bailer to say hi to dad. I'm not an extremely sentimental guy but, gee wizz, parents are special. Aren't they?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I adore old kitchen things. Rust? Pfff..... it cleans up. My favorite colander is an off white enamelled old piece I dug out of the Baytown city dump when I was 19. I used it for many years. It now resides at our daughter's house, as do quite a few of my kitchen items. She went on "shopping" trips in my kitchen when she got her own place.

Like @Smiles Jr. I also have my father's tools. I love his old shovels, worn hoe, various hand tools. DD has one of his small tool boxes with tools that she treasures.

Old kitchen stuff is the best!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
One by one has aunts and uncles pasted I ended up with their garden tools. i learn quicky not to use things like shovels and rakes for heavy work, old wood handles break easy.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your mother must have been quite a cook! Everything from starch? That would be one heavy diet.

Teasing of course. Gotta love those spell checks.

Making things from scratch is nice. I can't say that I always do it, but even boxed or canned things get an added pinch of this or dab of that to make them mine.

Latest posts