vertigo

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had it BAD nearly a year ago. Staggered from tree to tree across the back yard to get everyone fed in the morning then spent the rest of the day barely moving from sofa to recliner. I really didn't find it unpleasant - more weird and interesting. If I tried to ignore what my balance was telling me and solely focused on what my eyes were telling me, I did ok. Lucky for me, that bout was on a Sunday and was gone that evening. I can't imagine trying to manage 'regular life' with it.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
had a relapse this afternoon...

was changing out a flex drive on one of our tread builders had to lay down to unwire it happened to look up into a florescent light, and omg the world started to spin wildly instant nausea and headache, had them turn off the light just layed there for 5 minutes till i felt better, the g/m came out to make sure i was okay. getting up was a challenge as well..

but did mange to install the new unit...

note to self; dont look into overhead lights....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
for me it has not been looking any particular direction or lights which triggered it as much as moving my head fast and going from laying down to sitting up or vice versa.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

@majorcatfish you may want to try this.

will certainly try it if i have it come up again. also, checkout youtube vids of demonstrations of doing it. here is one:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I recently had vertigo. Laying in bed, just turning over made the room spin. Sitting up and standing felt like I was going to fall. It lasted for days. I tried to figure out what might be causing it, I realized that a bag of seasoned peanuts that we were snacking on at night was the only thing I had done different. I immediately stopped them and haven't had another episode. Those peanuts hit the trash!

My point is, this could be caused by a food allergy, even if it is something that you have eaten before. You may need to do a elimination diet. It could be a spice, anything.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well the vertigo is gone <for now> but have a ear infection that has been bugging me, so yesterday went to the doc.
yup you have a infection, and your over due for your physical....
so she gave me a couple prescriptions ear drops w/steroids..great no bodybuilding for awhile otherwise one ear is going to be bigger than the other.
then antibiotics great anything to knock this infection out, love the side effects
1. may cause the sh!ts
2. sh!ts may occur for weeks to months
time to buy the giant pack of charmin

you have to love the drug companies...:lol:

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think 99% of medications causes diarrhea, constipation or both. Just lovely.

Sorry you're going through this. I had it a couple years ago and ended up in the ER it was so bad. Usually when I feel nauseous, if I'll go ahead and throw up I'll feel better. Not with vertigo. You're still trying to hurl even with an empty stomach.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
What the …. :barnieI have not been bothered with vertigo for a nice long time. Now this last week I had a few episodes rolling over in bed, but not bothered during the day. Then today I leaned over to do something with Grandson and the room spun. o_O Dang I hope I kick it quick.

Latest posts