Was I Disrespectful To Client

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would tell her that you know that she has a very high level of expectation for the appearance and health of her dog which is obvious since she is bringing it to a professional groomer. Because of that, you can not risk your reputation to the use of substandard products, techniques or tools and that you will be re-bathing the dog so that it's coat is properly prepared for the rest of it's grooming.

... might even have to charge more for the soothing oatmeal shampoo you will have to use to keep the coat and skin from being dried out with all that extra bathing....

Only one word for this...... BRILLIANT!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters great thoughts.

To this thought that the customer is always right, is just pure hog wash (after hog has bathed). Paying customers deserve respect and honesty. A professional should have no problem explaining what a paying customer doesn't understand and then explaining why you did what you did. I have complete faith that @Nyboy knows who he can give crap to and who he can't. He knows he shouldn't have with her. Suck it up, apologize.

Just explain, this is your livelihood, EVERY dog needs to be a master piece but because she is valued, she does receive a significant discount as well as free extras. If asked, of course it's a special shampoo and style of bath for her pet.

Now, go find some clients that you can give crap to, enjoy yourself.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not to mention the clippers used are expensive equipment that give precision cuts but only on properly cleaned and rinsed hair...anything less may result in pulling against the fur and resulting pain for the animal. I'd insist that any animal groomed also be cleansed prior to that grooming by your professional staff only.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Her appointment is day, Seed is right I do have clients I can kid with and joke around, I don't think she one of them. Bee hit nail on the head a good pair of shears can run anywhere $900 to $1800 drop them once on floor and they have to be resharpened. Will see if she shows up,

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
When she comes in, be ready to give her extra TLC. Pucker up...

Latest posts