Was this a rude post?

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I posted this on homegrown goodness, and it was banned. :idunno

nPBul69Zjv5XJt11T4-JJplRAKCUV8sWkn7BDAqNMFBhISuBzmnLMApKnsjNsu5-CnTh3Yfwfd3S8Z65BBftan7temYWBCYalhM5nQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Hello

I am searching for the Snowbank blackberry. I have been searching for it for a while, but the only information I have come across says they are extinct, leads me to the virus infected ARS berries, the homegrown goodness blogspot, or here the homegrown goodness forum.
N76b8n_6OESEAttykX36oG86nLI5_wauCM0EHTCYhm36pGxS2zsC95q2GppC-LSHYmRT5EGg9TRf24IbPg2boXUFHhbYoFEkjjXF_KcN1z6J=s0-d-e1-ft
I have already tried to contact Alan bishop, but his blogspot e-mail address is no longer valid, I also set him a pm but it appears that he no longer frequents this forum. Any help finding Snowbank blackberries would be greatly appreciated, it would be a shame for this interesting berry to go extinct when a few backyard enthusiasts could have preserved this awesome berry for both our and future generations to enjoy.

The mod then banns this post and pm's me this message.......

Part of the reason that Alan no longer participates on this forum is because people were overly demanding of his time and his germplasm and didn't provide sufficient compensation for his work. I have made it my policy to not allow posts badmouthing Alan for protecting himself.

How on earth did I bad mouth Alan?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I posted this on homegrown goodness, and it was banned. :idunno

nPBul69Zjv5XJt11T4-JJplRAKCUV8sWkn7BDAqNMFBhISuBzmnLMApKnsjNsu5-CnTh3Yfwfd3S8Z65BBftan7temYWBCYalhM5nQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Hello

I am searching for the Snowbank blackberry. I have been searching for it for a while, but the only information I have come across says they are extinct, leads me to the virus infected ARS berries, the homegrown goodness blogspot, or here the homegrown goodness forum.
N76b8n_6OESEAttykX36oG86nLI5_wauCM0EHTCYhm36pGxS2zsC95q2GppC-LSHYmRT5EGg9TRf24IbPg2boXUFHhbYoFEkjjXF_KcN1z6J=s0-d-e1-ft
I have already tried to contact Alan bishop, but his blogspot e-mail address is no longer valid, I also set him a pm but it appears that he no longer frequents this forum. Any help finding Snowbank blackberries would be greatly appreciated, it would be a shame for this interesting berry to go extinct when a few backyard enthusiasts could have preserved this awesome berry for both our and future generations to enjoy.

The mod then banns this post and pm's me this message.......

Part of the reason that Alan no longer participates on this forum is because people were overly demanding of his time and his germplasm and didn't provide sufficient compensation for his work. I have made it my policy to not allow posts badmouthing Alan for protecting himself.

How on earth did I bad mouth Alan?

That wasn't rude at all Wishin'. They must have had some kind of internal blowup to be so over reactive.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't see how you badmouthed anything. :idunno

I heard not too recently from a fellow HG member, Joseph, that Alan is still around but his profile say that he was last online "Jul 11, 2012 at 11:23pm." I do understand why he no longer participates because people are too demanding though. It's pretty bad when you're forced out of your own forum.

It seems like you had good luck in finding your Campbell tomatoes. If nobody speaks up I could try asking an HG member, but in another year or too as I fear I've already asked for too much.

Most people on (many of them breeders) there do like some kind of return. It may be in the form of payment, feedback or seeds from what you grow out from the seed that they're giving you. An HG member, in return for giving Red her cloudberry seeds, is asking for feedback on how the plants do.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't see how you badmouthed anything. :idunno

I heard not too recently from a fellow HG member, Joseph, that Alan is still around but his profile say that he was last online "Jul 11, 2012 at 11:23pm." I do understand why he no longer participates because people are too demanding though. It's pretty bad when you're forced out of your own forum.

It seems like you had good luck in finding your Campbell tomatoes. If nobody speaks up I could try asking an HG member, but in another year or too as I fear I've already asked for too much.

Most people on (many of them breeders) there do like some kind of return. It may be in the form of payment, feedback or seeds from what you grow out from the seed that they're giving you. An HG member, in return for giving Red her cloudberry seeds, is asking for feedback on how the plants do.

Joseph is the one who banned the post. :idunno

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see some over sensitivity there. There was not one rude sentence, not even one rude letter, no way no how. There must be internal issues of which you are not aware and you stepped in it. Kinda like stepping in a dog bomb in tall grass. Didn't see it, but you slipped in it and now it sure stinks. And you did nothing wrong.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wasn't an original, first year member of BackYardChickens. I was a lurker. I was a lurker on the "pre-BYC" forum.

Somewhere, Nifty has a write-up about it. The chicken forum existed on another board and that administrator decided to shut it down.

I think Nifty decided to get chickens only to find that the forum was closed! It was about the same with me, altho' I had a longer "lag" time. I'm wandering around the internet thinking, "now what happened to that forum I was following last year? I found Nifty! He'd saved it.

Sometimes, the person with the idea, the breakthrough, doesn't have the follow through. Sometimes, things get badly broken and the pieces won't be put back together. Personalities . . . oh my!

Not every place is right for everyone - even the founders.

Steve

Latest posts