Was this a rude post?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, are we on for this little road trip? I believe you said it's on Mother's day? If so, I would like to get there when they open.

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes for sure Mary, barring unforseen circumstances.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh what fun! Remember we want photos! One of Mary and Marshall together. (Is this the 1st time two TEG members have been able to meet in person?)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, do you want my list? tee hee smiley.gif

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, do you want my list?View attachment 1493
Thistle, at first I didn't know what you were talking about since we were talking about people meeting. See what happens when you go off topic? Of course, I want your list. As long as you don't want me to ship you a big tree or something. Ha

Mary

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think the whole thing is this Allen persons fault. You can't go online & start showing off what you have & NOT expect to get flooded with emails with requests for seeds & cuttings.

First rule of Snowbank blackberry? YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT SNOWBANK BLACKBERRY!

Honestly if I was lucky to come across this variety, I'd plant it in my yard, get it established, then contact Baker Creek & see if they wanted some cuttings or seeds. All the while Id keep my yapper shut about them. Simple as that. I'd catalog my efforts but on a word document, not on an Internet forum. Once I had established plants I'd say something on TEG & offer it up here. Sorry folks but I'd play that pretty close to the vest for a bit. Otherwise Id expect to get swamped with emails & requests. And not just from TEG members but folks from all over the net who got wind of what I had.

I'm sure the person who runs the board probably got an earful from random people joining the forum just to contact this Allen guy about the Snowbank blackberries. It doesn't make it ok by ANY stretch of the imagination though to respond or react the way they did.

Unfortunately you have to deal with the recourse of their bad decisions & poor management. I really hope he does the right thing & manages to get the strain in the hands of people who have the resources & knowledge to keep this strain going.

Otherwise it will just be another "I remember......" strains lost.

Latest posts