We doing okay here?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last Saturday , I was ready to boot the Samsung laptop out the window. I couldn't even get onto the internet at all. Comcast sent out a tech. and found that their little black box was caput .
Then he installed a new one and spent over 2 hours in reconfigureing our computer and installing chrome. Worked fine for Saturday, but come Sunday ... more problems @#$%^&* ... Come to find out that the new Samsung came with the Windows 8 , then on Sunday morning Windows remotely installed the latest version to Windows 8.1. What an @#$%^&* upgrade ! Using the chrome, I got onto TEG and read the first post, then upon going to the next one, my login disapeared. I loged in and read the post, then when I went to the next one , my log in disapeared again. I switched to internet explorer and that was fine. I shut off the computer , and about 3 hours later, I loged in again on the internet explorer , and the same thing happened again. When I switched to chrome, worked fine until next time and the next. My son came over and fiddled with the settings and it worked fine. Then whamo , same thing all over again. Also, I find this new and improved version of this site to be much more user unfriendly to me. I like the old one much better !

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
bobm, hang in there. I was closed to tears at the beginning. Once you figure it out a little it's really not that hard. This from a non-computer person! The pages are still to busy for my tastes with ads, info. etc.

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, there are few things I hate more than change... Even though I am well aware, that the only that stays the same, is change! I have long forgotten how to post pics on the old TEG- so I might as well learn on the new one! Glad to see that my friends here- are not as dumb as I am!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, that’s how Nifty feeds his family, the ads. I’m sure with as little traffic as we have on his forum, he’s not making a fortune off us. BYC has to pay the bills, I’m sure. I don’t like the changes all that much either but I understand why he needs to do it. I do appreciate him and the staff taking care of us over here.
Bob, I go through some of that too. It’s old operating systems and old software. They keep upgrading and improving the capabilities of the operating systems and such so if the people writing the new software and managing forums don’t upgrade they get left behind. Some people really like all the bells and whistles while others of us prefer something a bit more basic. My hardware is only three years old but the software that was pretty close to state of the art then is now tremendously obsolete.
I can remember when 64 Megs was more hard disk space than anyone could ever imagine using. I was doing OK when everything was DOS-based but when they went to Windows, that became “black-box” technology and I quit trying to keep up.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner, I understand about the ads and why they are needed. I also do appreciate all that he does for us.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The hover thing does seem to work on the alerts drop down list.

How do you get it to work on recent posts?

Oh, and still don't know what the "Profile Posts" is.

(Got big Peeper laying on the bottom part of my legs and Clevland on my lap. Oh the price I pay for feet up on the desk!)
I just clicked on it! It dropped right down.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get a little frustrated with change, too!

You take my google account.

Please.

It is their Picasa gallery and now their YouTube! Dang it. They've got everything figured out! And, if they don't have all your information - they soon will.

I have just a few videos that I made and uploaded to YouTube. I'm using a picture from one of the videos in my Xmas letter this year and wondered if I could possibly have done that when I first downloaded it. Maybe I put it on a letter that year! Don't want to do that twice :/.

I don't have a Xmas letter saved before 2011 so I thought I'd check on when I made that video --- I can't get into my YouTube account! I posted all those videos on here and had to go back and use the wonderful TEG search to find my own YouTube videos! Still can't open the account without connecting a "channel" to Google. Crazy!

Well, this is NOT that particular video but I found this on TEG more or less by accident. Here it is (by that weird guy, Mr20digitS), go ahead and turn your speakers on and click:

Steve
soon "channeling" to google, shoot

Latest posts