We doing okay here?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the number of posts on this new site, try clicking on Mark All Forums as Read. That will cut all the recent posts out. Then when you want to check on new posts, click on that and all you will see are the new posts

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ll mention this in this thread. I normally go to “Word” to type a post, then copy and paste it here. I got into the habit of doing it this way because of problems trying to type in TEG and BYC directly. I know how to type in Word. Some strange things can happen when I try to type in the forums, especially if I miss-hit a key that happens to be a hot key.

I’ve noticed that when I separate paragraphs in Word and copy and paste that here, the space between paragraphs disappears. I used to catch that stuff in preview, but I’ll have to change my habits and make those additions after I copy it and paste it here. It does not show up when I copy and paste, but it does show up if I hit “more options”. So I guess “more options” will be used to replace preview.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Edited to say: I think we can tolerate a few spacing problems, Ridgerunner.

I will say something about "watching a thread" on TEG: I'm becoming more tolerant of "alerts." (I feel like I would have put that word in Caps just a few days ago - ALERTS!) If you "watch" - you will be "alerted."

Now, that google :somad : Nifty said the other day that he hates looking at a thread and finding broken links to pictures. I had a lot of pictures from Picasa (google's gallery) on TEG. I really like how I can do some easy editing in Picasa and then upload.

Once it is in the gallery, it became really weird to share a link about 1 or 2 years ago. Yeah, but I figured it out. Unfortunately, google changed things with the old links so that they disappeared on forums (should just continue inserting that "so mad" smiley).

By the Way, I figured out how to get to my YouTube account. They really want me to use Google + but I only opened an account in google + because it became so awkward getting to Picasa!

TEG has that "g+1" on the bottom of each page. These ads, they are probably filtered thru by google! Really, I think google is now watching me while I sleep and reading my mind!!!

Steve
morning1_zps9350c592.gif

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will say something about "watching a thread" on TEG: I'm becoming more tolerant of "alerts." (I feel like I would have put that word in Caps just a few days ago - ALERTS!) If you "watch" - you will be "alerted."
Steve
morning1_zps9350c592.gif

Steve, I have eliminated the "Watching a thread" glasses. There is an UNWATCH at the top of that column. As to all those ALERTS, I am NOT tolerant of them. I went into my alert preferences and undid most of those as well. Since I go to NEW POSTS with each visit, I know I am not missing any discussions..

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wallp, I HOPE google is reading my mind and TAKING IT TO HEART!

If'n Mr. Google reads my mind and takes it to heart, maybe there is hope for this world.

Probably not either of them though. I don't use a credit card.

Finished the ventures, now it's Ten Years After... Ahhh, I love my newmyspace playlist! I listen to it while I read and write here.

Latest posts