We Got A New Horse!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, now that's just your cynical side emerging Seed! :p

My husband gets lots of lovin' on....okay,... maybe not quite as much as my horse, but pretty darn close!
Or the dogs. Or any and all kids, g'kids, cats, chickens, wild life. Etc. I agree in your mind, he gets lots. J'ing.

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a lovely story!! I am learning so much about horses! My neighbors have four I think and they will be so proud I know so much now! That horse is just lovely. I Am So Freaking jealous of your granddaughters!!

Karen Reck

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We got a new horse. I've been looking of and on for 2 years for a dead-head broke super gentle small horse for the grand daughters. Found one.

He is 13 hands, sorrel with 4 stockings and a blaze face. He is around 8 years old. He is skinny and needs some weight put on him, but we've been down this road before and we know what to do. The lady we bought him from bought him out of a kill pen. Her 2 girls could crawl all over him, slide off his butt, slide down his neck, ride him in the round pen or on the trail. He is a follower, slightly barn sour, but I know what to do about that too. He doesn't seem to be fazed by anything. The chickens fluttering around and the sheep didn't make him bat an eyelash. He is friendly, good natured and gentle.

Of course, in the back of my mind is the possibility that a couple of hundred pounds might bring out a more spirited animal or help him discover an ornery streak, but I don't think so. At 13 hands, he is big enough for me to ride him and straighten him out if needed.

The lady we bought him from called him Canyon. He will get a new name. We'll let our 9 year old grand daughter do the honors.

We fed him-just a little. We'll gradually build up the amount he gets. I don't want him to founder switching feeds or get too much at one time. He has been munching on hay, grazing and trotting around. He will lead a soft life here. @Nyboy-here he is!

new-horse-jpg.27129
Omg! He is hansome :love

Latest posts