We Got A New Horse!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I rode him home from the trainer. I took the long way around, about 4 1/2 miles. Our neighbor, Robert came over and said why didn't we put the horse in the back of his place, it was full of rye grass, so I rode him over there and we turned him out. He's been there two weeks being fed twice a day, all the hay he wants and lots of green grass. He is gaining weight and already looking much better.

A guinea showed up last week and latched onto the horse. They are buddies, where the horse goes, the guinea goes. What a pair.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
He's on about an acre of lush green grass. See his guinea friend?

image.jpeg

This was so cute, the guinea nestled down on a cement block while his big friend ate.

image.jpeg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
& guinneas are one of my favorite foods......if they would just stay home and shut UP!!!!!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I rode him home from the trainer. I took the long way around, about 4 1/2 miles. Our neighbor, Robert came over and said why didn't we put the horse in the back of his place, it was full of rye grass, so I rode him over there and we turned him out. He's been there two weeks being fed twice a day, all the hay he wants and lots of green grass. He is gaining weight and already looking much better.

A guinea showed up last week and latched onto the horse. They are buddies, where the horse goes, the guinea goes. What a pair.
Isn't that a weird companionship!. He is a lovely horse.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
He did good on the ride, he is barn sour, but I just turned in in circles, then he was happy to go straight again. Unfortunately I haven't ridden him since. I stepped in a hole with my right foot and fell on my left knee and I am just being able to walk again. Still probably several weeks out from a long ride. I promised our grand daughter that I would get the round pen set up for her and ride him home for the weekend, next time she comes over, so she can play with him.

On the guinea, the neighbor is talking about taking part of the fence down so I can just lead the horse onto our property and the guinea can follow his friend. :love

Latest posts