We have baby bunnies!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
boy are they getting fat! you planning on using them for meat or keeping them for pets?
I don't need *that* many pets. :D I processed the first one today, at 12 weeks, and got 2 lbs of meat on the bone. MUCH easier than doing a chicken, though it's not really a fair comparison if you are scalding and plucking the chicken as that's the hard part. Now to find a recipe for later this week! I suspect it will be a simple brown the meat, caramelize some onions and tomato paste, and throw it all in the oven for a while.

-Wendy

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Try using some parmesan and following a veal parmigiana recipe.
Do you have to debone it for that? The recipes I found seem to want a piece of very thin boneless meat. I had enough trouble with the silverskin, not sure I'm ready to try deboning! At least, not with these little guys. We're going to have to switch to 'real' meat rabbits.

In any case... success! I kept it simple, just olive oil, salt, pepper, onions and some tomato paste. I didn't want to cover up the taste of the meat so we could decide whether to continue with this project. I think next time we'll marinate and grill it (but I'll have to process three or four to make it worth turning on the grill!)

-Wendy

Latest posts