We have baby bunnies!

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
hoodat said:
We ate it as kids and knew what we were eating but I was a farm boy and took eating animals you raised for granted. A common practice witjh kids who won't eat rabbit is to use fryers and let them think they are eating chicken. You may have eaten rabbit and not known it.
My uncle says that they had a contract with someone who purchased all of them. Says we never ate them. I really can't imagine any of the three (my dad and two brothers) killing something to eat. That's just not their personalities. Must have just been a money maker at the time or something. I would like to try some now as an adult and see if I like it before diving into raising some.

The bunnies in this thread sure do make me want to get some! They are super cute. :love Thanks for sharing the pictures of their growth!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
One by one they come up to the front of the nest and peek over the edge... then decide "not yet!" and go back to burrow under their friends.

I had to fabricate a retention strap for the cardboard liner, the front of the nest has a big wire door with a rolled top and it didn't seem very inviting. I wonder... (have to go find my Storey book...) once they hop out of the nest, do they try to get back in? It's awfully tall... not sure they would be able to unless I drop the front wall and pull the straw out a bit.

111223_6067 by wsmoak, on Flickr

-Wendy

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
When they hop out, you should bring them right over to me!! Man, they are cute!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wsmoak said:
I wonder... (have to go find my Storey book...) once they hop out of the nest, do they try to get back in? It's awfully tall... not sure they would be able to unless I drop the front wall and pull the straw out a bit.
And the verdict is... yes, they can get back in just fine over the tall sides. :D They still spend most of their time in the nest box, but they come out to hop around and chew on everything before bouncing back in.

-Wendy

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wsmoak,

Your bunnies are so cute!! :love :love I can't stop looking at that picture :)
That's a very nice nest box you have for them.

Good luck with the bunnies ;)

Latest posts