Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner , is it a marsh or a swamp with trees? Shows you how much I know about such things.

I did once lived where I could see tidal flats.

I also once lived where I owned a share in a well that was 580 feet deep. Yes, it was a community well and something that deep is expensive. Bayview, a nearby community is at 2,016 feet with a Lake Pend Oreille waterfront. So, you see, our well from a 2,500 elevation had to be down to that lake level because that's where our water came from ;). Hey, I just checked: the tidal flats I mentioned were just down the hill from Bayview California - where I once lived. That community is at 66 feet elevation. We had a well and it had to be cased in concrete because there was so much surface water from the ... 42" of rain/yearly. Nearly all of it in the Fall & Winter. (The remainder of the year, it was just cool and windy all.the.time ;).)

Oh, weather here!? The clouds have just started to drop snow on us! And, speaking of Bayview/Bayview: where is that @thistlebloom ? She might be snowed in, soon. Hope she has lots of pasta and rice on-hand like I do :D.

Steve
we always have bottled water. dw will not drink our well water here, just in tea or coffee. she's funny that way.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner , is it a marsh or a swamp with trees? Shows you how much I know about such things.

Swamps have trees, marshes don't. At least that's my definition.

I just Googles it to make sure I'm not lying to you too much. Some say that swamps are larger than marshes. I don't think they've seen the marshes down here.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've seen a little of those marshes ... give me a day or so and I'll forget the difference 🙄 .

I wanted to see the Avery Island home of the Tabasco company ;).

Also, I wanted to see the Everglades in Florida. At one location, there wasn't anything but me, marsh grass, and an Alligator in the canal ..! It also seemed that wherever there was a tree, and there weren't many, there was an Egret sitting in it :).

Speaking of snow - there was just an accident on the arterial, nearby. All of a sudden, we are getting all this traffic on this little side road because that. These drivers! Of course, it's easy for me to be critical because, at this time of year and stage of life, I'm retired. I'm also -tired of the people who drive so dang fast!

Steve

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Todays storm brings in; rain, tornado activity, ice and snow later. I am sitting here with my cuppa cocoa...for now.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
cedar trees make their own land. we have a lot of them here and i can only say that their growth habit is entirely geared towards this aim.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner you would be right about marsh and swamp. I like both, have lived on the coast in Texas, and did a lot of fishing.

I once had a 15' aluminum boat with a 25 horse motor. I spent a lot of time in the marsh, fishing for Specks and Reds. Even caught an occasional Flounder. I always went to the same launch, they had a lift to put the boat in the water so I never had to back the trailer or vehicle tires in that brackish water, never had a bearing problem. I learned that area well but never made it to the swamp.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
raining now, forecast for ice tomorrow... glad i don't have to be out in any of this. hope everyone else is safe and ok.

Latest posts