Weather Where You Are

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It stormed last night, I'm sure glad that we didn't have any damage.....so far. LOL It's daylight now, so going to get dressed and get myself outside, do chores, check on animals, walk fencelines, etc.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You all take care of yourselves. IF something happens to any of you, who would I have to harass? Yes, it’s all about me.

@baymule rather you and hubby get splinters in your rear than be relocated into Mississippi-river, not the state.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been out 3 times in the last 18hrs shoveling what turned out to be about 7" of snow. Might be about 5" now - you see, it rained on it and temperatures went above freezing. Slushy pathways this morning.

Tomorrow morning is supposed to freezing. Oh Heavens, it's gonna be icy! May have more snow/rain changing into what the WS predicted as a bigger snowstorm tomorrow night. Then, very cold ...

If I have to guess, worst case would be 10" of well-frozen slush by the beginning of the work week. Best case, would be half that. Please snow plow drivers - do a good job ... even if you drift down my road and pile a 20" berm across my driveway in the middle of a random night, as you have so often done in the past.

:hide Steve
who owns both a grubbing hoe and a Pulaski ;)

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The snowplows close in my driveway all the time, Steve. The yard has a six foot high embankment on the side of a very shallow ditch...when we get lots of snow, there's no room to push it off the road, it just hits the embankment. The high side ends right at my driveway....so all that snow gets dumped into it. Time and time again. We might only get four or five inches of snow, but I'll have two feet piles at the end of my driveway, lol.

Rain gauge says we have gotten almost 3 inches of rain since midnight, and it is blowing sideways with flecks of snow in it now. I am off to work in a couple of hours to see how scared people are of this front going through. Yesterday? Not so much. Today? We might get all of the people panicking because it is supposed to freeze tonight and coming in for the basics. Not much extra work for me in my department, but stressful because people get cranky when they have to wait in lines or we sell out of what they'd like.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That system came through this morning. Where I am, no problems. A little rain and wind, not much. No hail, nothing severe. People have died from it elsewhere so it could have been serious, luckily not here.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a lot of rain again, then we had some more rain and icy rain then snow but no damage that i can tell so far. a few really windy gusts. it sounded like a cow body checking the house. the house didn't move other than a few creaks.

Mom went out to get some fresh air and to shovel and said she almost had the shovel blown out of her hands a few times. i usually wait until a storm is over before i bother going out.

my trick for big amounts of snow and the snow plows is to leave the end of the driveway alone as long as possible so that the snow plows will keep pushing the snow along the road instead of piling it at the end of the driveway. and then when they do their last plow which cuts back the banks i then usually only have a much smaller amount of snow to move. if you are a homebody like me and don't have to get out much this saves a tremendous amount of snow removal at the end of the drive.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snowy weather at our house this weekend. Saturday was spent plowing the driveway and clearing sidewalks and decks. Only snowed about 2” last night but our 3 car garage with a metal roof unloaded during the night so there is a 3.5’ tall berm of heavy snow to move. Another storm rolling in about mid day today so need to clean up the parking area.

Latest posts